spectromagic and tony's

wickedwitchware

Original Poster
On our next trip to wdw I would like to watch spectro from the patio at tonys town square. Does any know the time that I should make my adr's for in the hopes of getting a patio seat?

Thanks!!!!

RozFan

i would suggest nothing earlier than thirty minutes prior to that nights spectromagic is scheduled to begin. remember the servers are paid about half of what florida's hourly minimum wage is so they rely on tips and are not too thrilled if a table is taken up by a 7:00pm adr who is there for the 9:00pm showing of spectro. plus i have witnessed management ask guests to not linger as the outside patio is a dining location and not a viewing location.

wickedwitchware

Original Poster
thanks for the info!! a half hour before works for me , i personally cant imagine trying to keep my kids still for 2 hours..lol and as far as the servers i totally agree ,im a server myself and make 2.63 an hour so no lingering for me!!

thanks!!:wave:

Thorphin

i would suggest nothing earlier than thirty minutes prior to that nights spectromagic is scheduled to begin. remember the servers are paid about half of what florida's hourly minimum wage is so they rely on tips and are not too thrilled if a table is taken up by a 7:00pm adr who is there for the 9:00pm showing of spectro. plus i have witnessed management ask guests to not linger as the outside patio is a dining location and not a viewing location.

Interesting that you should say that. On a trip in 2002, we made priority seating around 7:00 so that we could eat and get over to frontierland to watch spectro (our favorite viewing location). 1/2 way though the meal, our server told us that we were crazy and that we had a perfect seat and should just remain at our table well after we were finished eating and watch from there. We considered it, but we felt bad taking up the table so long, so we actually left, and stood on the street outside of Tony's. In any case, it's still good advice to set your adr closer to the start of spectro. If I remember right, though, we didn't actually get seated until about 45 minutes after our priority seating because they were so busy and behind schedule. You might want to consider giving yourself a bit more time than 1/2 hour.

mouselvrmom

Just a word of caution. We booked a meal at Tony's hoping for a Spectro view and did not get it. We were all the way inside and my girls were very disappointed since that is their favorite parade.

KevGuy

Wow, pretty funny. My family and I did this on our last trip a couple of weeks ago. It was our last night at Disney and we had 7:50pm reservations at Tony's and came out onto the porch about 5-10 minutes before it started after we were done eating. We saw everything from the great vantage point of the porch it was great!! I didn't realize how long that is either so by the time it was over we wallked up the crowded main street a little and had a good time watching Wishes right after that, another magical night for sure! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom