Specialty cakes

Alexx

Original Poster
I know Disney does special cakes to be brought to tables at restaurants, but what shapes do they do?

Is it just the generic circle with writing on or can they do something different?

Also, can these be ordered at the parks or do they have to be ordered on the phone?

I'm trying to do something nice for my parents on this trip and I thought a cake would be nice.

righttrack

I believe you can still call The Grand Floridian Bakery - (407) 824-2474

The restaurants have standard "birthday cakes" which are nice, but basic that you can get right there. For something special, you need to order in advance.

HouCuseChickie

This should help you with many of the particulars concerning fancy cakes at Disney- http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

It is my understanding that the GF is your best bet for the broadest selection in flavors. After viewing the cake gallery and conversing with some people- it sounds like round and topsy turvy style are the only options unless you've got a wedding booked. I still plan on asking to see if they can do anything else. I was also told by the cake guru to wait until I'm about 2 weeks out from the date I'll need the cake (they do so many that you risk having yours fall through the cracks if you start the ball rolling too far out). I need my cake at the Contemporary, so I'll be contacting Chef Brian in a week or two.

sweetpee_1993

This should help you with many of the particulars concerning fancy cakes at Disney- http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

It is my understanding that the GF is your best bet for the broadest selection in flavors. After viewing the cake gallery and conversing with some people- it sounds like round and topsy turvy style are the only options unless you've got a wedding booked. I still plan on asking to see if they can do anything else. I was also told by the cake guru to wait until I'm about 2 weeks out from the date I'll need the cake (they do so many that you risk having yours fall through the cracks if you start the ball rolling too far out). I need my cake at the Contemporary, so I'll be contacting Chef Brian in a week or two.

Oohhh....I see you've got Carrie's blog on speed-dial! Woot! :sohappy:

To the OP: What she said! LOL! Where you want your cake delivered/served will dictate where the cake would need to be made and who you'll need to contact. Like for my anniversary dinner at the Yachtsman I'm most likely going to have a special cake made. To do this I'll need to get in touch with the Yacht Club's private dining folks a little more than 2 weeks from when I want the cake to work out the details. Most likely I'll call, get the email for the head pastry chef, then contact him directly with pictures and/or sketches of what I want. Also, consider that when you get a cake made there's always leftovers. If you have the cake served at a restaurant in a park or a resort other than where you're staying and want to keep your leftovers you're going to have to carry them around with you. They don't store the leftover cake for you and it can't be delivered back to your resort for you. You'll have to take it back to your room. Just wanted to give you the heads-up on that so you can plan for it. :D We're going to be staying at the Yacht Club which is a large part of the reason we decided to do Yachtsman for the anniversary dinner and have the cake there. We can run our leftovers back up to our fridge before heading out to the parks! :cool:

HouCuseChickie

Oohhh....I see you've got Carrie's blog on speed-dial! Woot! :sohappy:

QUOTE]

Yes- thank for sending me the info! I think I even responded to one of your posts on the CakeChatter about making a rose, but it was under my other name (TiggerTrigger- silly story on the name discrepancy). In any event, yeah- she's been most helpful. :D Now I just have to keep myself from jumping the gun and contacting them too early. :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom