special Fast Pass - something is not right

DeepDish

Original Poster
We are at WDW this week.

This subject might of already been discussed.

While using the fast pass, I have noticed people in front of me in the fast pass line who do not have FP tickets, but rather a red and white card they show the employees. They do not hand them anything, just show the pass.

Anybody know what is going on and how one can get this special pass?

Pigtails

Hmm, I've never seen a red and white card, but they may have changed since I've last seen them... but it may be some sort of card that they give to the groups with Make a Wish or Give Kids the World or some other organization like that.

If it's not that, then I don't know what they could be. As far as I know, Disney doesn't do that thing that Universal does, where guests at their resorts just show their resort cards and go through the Express line.

Weird. I hope someone here knows what they were... now I'm curious! :confused: :D

Kenan

those red and white cards are complimentary cast member tickets. they were actually abusing the system, because any card that is given out regardless of where they got it from, works in the fastpass machine if they put it through the turnstiles in the front. there was no need for them to get a fastpass the way they did

Mountain 3

The red cards you are asking about are "Guest Assistance Cards" They are given to guests who might need extra assistance during the day.

They are mostly given to the familes who are in the parks with a child from "Make a wish foundation" or "Give kids the world"

DeepDish

Original Poster
Sorry to cause a fuss.

The two times I saw it used, the guy was by himself and he didn't look like he needed any special assistance. But I guess one can never tell until you walk in his shoes. (or he as abusing the card)

Looks like it turned out to be a minor issue.

thanks for the replies.

se8472

its for such things as people who can't stand for long amounts of time or people who can't stand in the sun.

tigger248

My brother has received them before because he has spina bifida. He can walk but has trouble standing for long times and we usually rent him a wheelchair. Those cards are usually given to wheelchair parties because many lines (like space mountian) are not handicap accessible. We usually try to get there in time to get a fast pass because we like to do things like everyone else with no special treatment. But we do use them if the ride is out of fastpasses and we haven't ridden it yet. For some that's the only way to ride. Many make a wish kids do get them, but they're used for anyone with a medical condition, not just make a wish or give kids the world.

tj229er

Umm i'm not to sure on the special assistance card. I have traveled with someone who is in a wheelchair before and never recived a card. We just enter through the fast pass line and they let us in.

tigger248

It might depend on how busy the day is. Whenever we have received the special assistance passes, it has been on busy days or for the more popular rides, like Peter Pan. The cast member writes a time on the special assistance card (they used to be yellow) and they give it to you to come back later.

diddy_mouse

the only red and white cards i remember had a black neck strap on them and were given out randomly to guests waiting in either a Fastpass or standby line (i know because i got them twice, first at Test Track Fastpass line, then at Peter Pan Standby). they are used for statistical purposes, like wait times in lines and stuff.

not sure though if thats the same card you were talking about :veryconfu

sillyspook13

To clear up some of the confusion about the three types of red and white cards mentioned in this thread.......

Guest Assistance Card- a red and white card about the size of a 4x6 index card. This card is issued by guest relations to guests with special needs, including use of fastpass or wheelchair entrances, shaded waiting area, or use of a stroller as a wheelchair.

FLIK Card- a white card, usually with a red or green label, attached to a lanyard. This card is scanned at the entranced to an attraction, handed to a guest while they wait in line, and scanned once again at the load point of the attraction. These cards, usually handed out every 5 to 15 minutes, measures wait times.

Cast Member complimentary entrance pass- a white card with NOT FOR SALE written in large red letters. The opposite side of this card looks like any other park ticket. It also works just like a park ticket.

Tim G

sillyspook13 said:
To clear up some of the confusion about the three types of red and white cards mentioned in this thread.......

Guest Assistance Card- a red and white card about the size of a 4x6 index card. This card is issued by guest relations to guests with special needs, including use of fastpass or wheelchair entrances, shaded waiting area, or use of a stroller as a wheelchair.

FLIK Card- a white card, usually with a red or green label, attached to a lanyard. This card is scanned at the entranced to an attraction, handed to a guest while they wait in line, and scanned once again at the load point of the attraction. These cards, usually handed out every 5 to 15 minutes, measures wait times.

Cast Member complimentary entrance pass- a white card with NOT FOR SALE written in large red letters. The opposite side of this card looks like any other park ticket. It also works just like a park ticket.
IMO FLIK is red, with white letters telling you something like please hand this card to the CM at the boarding line..
Am I mistaking?? is it white?? I know it's on a lanyard... Oh well.. have to have my eyes checked out anyway...

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Please don't anyone take this the wrong way, but it always strikes me funny that people worry so much about everyone else, and what they are getting or doing, compared to themselves. Even if people were abusing this policy, it's the job of the CM's to police this situation. And they are in a very difficult position regarding this matter. Would you want to question someone on this type of issue? I certainly wouldn't. Ultimately, it's the job of those who work in ticketing to make sure that these are legitimately issued passes.

Even so, I don't mind waiting in line. Let's get with it everyone. You're on VACATION. Enjoy the time off. Quit worrying about someone getting on the ride before you do.

awallaceunc

About this pass for people who have difficulty for standing for long periods of time... exactly what qualifies you for one? I have a medical disorder with my feet (long story short- extra bones where they shouldn't be, have to wear a device in my shoes). It's not exactly disabling or anything, and not always immediately noticeable to people unless they are looking for it, but it is problematic to the point that I can't walk after so many hours in the park, and my ankles are inflamed and all (not to gross anyone out! :lol: ), and I sometimes have to forego lines to salvage them. I can certainly get by without this pass, but having it would do wonders for me and bring some oh-so-desired pain relief. But I definitely do not want to abuse the sysem in any way. If this pass is intended for people in my situation, then that would be fantastic. If it's not, though, then I'm not interested. So that's my question: is this something that I can/should (appropriately) take advantage of? If so, would I just need to bring medical documentation with me? Again, I want to stress that I don't want to be one of these "wheelchair fakers," as I call them!

-Aaron

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom