special Fast Pass - something is not right

phlydude

Aaron,
If you truly need one for a medical condition, then you can get one, especially since you mention that after a while you have a challenge walking due to inflamation. You would just need a doctor's note describing your condition and the effects that can be avoided if you are able to rest frequently.

As for the wheelchair fakers, there is one place for them!! :fork:

There are 3 types of wheelchair guests:
1 - those who truly need them including diasbled and elderly
2 - those faking to get to the front of the line
3 - and those who are way too large to walk around the park all day so they get one of those scooters (I am a big dude and would NEVER get on one of those - when you are large and continue getting larger without seeking assistance or dieting, you should be forced to walk around WDW all week, it might do you good)

tigger248

"Wheelchair fakers" make me soooo angry! When we rent my brothers we always see people rent them who obviously don't need them. The worst was when a man rented one and two perfectly healthy looking children sprinted to it jumped in and they went off. They appeared to only want one to get in front of lines and their kids were too big for a stroller.

A wheelchair faker also stole my brothers wheelchair and the park was sold out (this was at night). My dad spotted the lady (thank god for the names on the back) and confronted her. She was getting on a ride and the ride operator held the ride so my dad could finish yelling at her.

Phlydude, I agree with you about the people too large to walk on the scooters. I've seen several of them linked together or 2 large people switching places so the other could ride awhile. The worst though was one getting on the bus. She couldn't steer it right so she picked it up and placed on the wheelchair lift. Those things are so heavy (I can't budge one to push, let alone lift it!) If she could pick the thing up, she definitely could have walked.

Aaron, I'm not sure about the way Disney does this because my brothers disability is obvious. But, I currently work at Six Flags and we're not allowed to ask what type of disability a person has when they request a disabled pass. If someone requests one, we have to give it to them regardless of what they look like. You may just have go to guest relations and ask for one. Your best bet would be to call and ask ahead of time what you have to do for one.

Sorry for such a long post.

phlydude

emmanuel_10583 said:
never heard of those things/cards , could someone explain

Thanks, and remember you all rock !!!
If you are referring to the guest assistance card, it is a card that is issued from guest services to those who have a disability that would cause discomfort or harm if they were to partake in the usual line queues. On most attractions, the card can be shown and the guest will be admitted through the Fastpass line, admitted through the handicapped entrance or given a time to come back when they will be instantly admitted.

If you are referring to the FLIX card, this is a card given at random to guests entering the queue where it is swipped before it is handed over and when the person enters the loading area, the CM swipes it again. This guages how long the wait is and is used to update the wait time board outside the attraction and at the wait time board located in the park.

Hope this helps!

colliera

Mountain 3 & sillyspook13 have correctly identified the red & white card. I have a friend who was at WDW last week who has a young daughter that is confined to her stroller as a wheelchair due to her disabilities. I was familiar with the Guest Assistance Booklet and suggested he pick one up at City Hall in MK. It was there the CM also fixed him up with the pass. It was park independent and setup for the length of stay.

trr313

red cards "special needs"

Hey
The cards you are talking about are for people with special needs, you might not be able to see the disability. We have a child with autism and we will be using the card the next time we go to disney. As you know the lines are sometimes up to an hour long and if you don't know what autism is then you are lucky because that means Autism has not been a part of your life. With autism, children CANNOT wait, they just don't understand and will have what is called a "meltdown" a meltdown is a normal childs temper tantram times 100 and cannot be controlled at all. You have to get these cards from guest relations and please don't get upset when you see someone use them. You are the lucky ones.....you can stand in line.:) How I would love to be in your shoes...........
a loving Grandma

MommytoMJM

phlydude said:
Aaron,
If you truly need one for a medical condition, then you can get one, especially since you mention that after a while you have a challenge walking due to inflamation. You would just need a doctor's note describing your condition and the effects that can be avoided if you are able to rest frequently.

Just a note (from one who has a GAC for herself and daughter)

You do not need and in fact, Disney cannot look at a note from your doctor....what you need is to be told what 'reasonable accomodations' you need. The person who needs the card (wheter an adult or child must be present, if it is a child and the parent doesn't want to talk about their disablity in front of them, they can provide a list WRITTEN BY THE PARENT, not a doctor of what help they need)

For guests with endurance or mobility issues you will be told that a wheelchair or ECV is the appropriate thing for you to use. If a line is not WC accessible there will be a WC entrance specifically. If there are other issues besides a WC being needed or in addition to, then a GAC with appropriate codes will be provided to help with those. There are many conditions that are not visible or helped by a WC. I can't speak for others, but I can give you examples in mine and MJ's cases....

I am allergic to sun and also on meds that make me photosensitive so I need a shaded place to wait if at all possible (doesn't shorten the line, just changes where I wait)

MJ can be a danger to herself or others in line due to her autism and also has seizures that can be brought on by heat and also is on meds that make her photosensitive, so she also needs an alternative place to wait. (again, doesn't shorten the wait, just changes where)

We also have WC's both of us, so that is another factor for us.

GAC's are good for the number of ppl in your group (up to 5 in addition to the person on the card (so 6 total) for the length of your trip. If you go often like us it is issued for two months at a time.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me and I will be happy to answer them.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
*grumbles* If people weren't paranoid that someone, somewhere, was getting something more than them we wouldn't have threads like this.

Without threads like this, people wouldn't get the impression that "Hey, that's a great way to beat the line since they can't legally make me prove anything!"

Without people like that, the world would be a better place.

If the world was a better place, people wouldn't be paranoid that someone, somewhere, was getting something more than them.

Rotten cycle that always happens :(

MissVickie

Gac

These cards are Guest Assistance Cards...they are for children who have special needs or anything guest who have special issues. All the Give Kids the World or Make A Wish children are also 99.9% allowed into the fastpass entrance of all attractions :) with or without this card!:wave:

AliceFan

That card is a Guest Assistance Card. Given to guests who either cannot physical stand in line for long periods of time or need other means of special assistance. (Example: A child who has autism, and I hope I spelled that right, if not, I am so sorry.) Guest Relations handles the cards as, they give them out, attraction host and hostess are just the ones who are shown them and help the guests by telling them which lane they will go through. I have heard that the max. number of people on a card is 6.

pinkrose

A friend of mine took both of her kids to WDW last year. They used GAC's. You'd never know by looking at the kids that they'd need them, but they've both had liver transplants. As a result of the liver transplants, they have several problems (severe food allergies, risk of rejection, ect.). It really helped to make their trip all the more magical. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom