Special Dinner request even if we're staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins?

Merry Rose

Original Poster
We're going in October. I saw where the Grand Floridian can offer a special dinner request anywhere in the building for a secluded dinner. I would LOVE to surprise my husband with a secluded dinner in the Grand, however, we're staying at Fort Wilderness Cabins. I don't want the formality of Victoria and Alberts. I would just love a seafood extravaganza in a cozy corner for the little man - a special surprise. Any suggestions?

Camille59

Why don't you consider contacting places like Cape May Buffet at the Beach club or even Captain Jacks or Fultons in Downtown Disney? They might be able to help you arrange a quiet, secluded area. I would also consider making a call to WDW-DINE and see what they might be able to help you with. Good luck and congratulations.:)

slappy magoo

I'd suggest calling Grand Floridian Guest Services and ask them what their policy is. I would think that anybody's money is good for them (I doubt they arrange private romantic meals for free, even for GF guests. Eh, maybe on the concierge level :D ), & if you're willing to pay for that magical evening, they'd be willing to make it happen. But you're better off getting it from the horse's mouth. Even if the policy used to be one thing, it could've changed yesterday, know what I mean?

While I'm suggesting things, I'd also suggest not calling your husband "the little man" to complete strangers. That's the sort of thing that'll come back to haunt you. Or, him. :lol: If he, however, is little, than I stand corrected and apologize.

Merry Rose

Original Poster
eating with the hubbie

Ok - I'll call him the hubbie, not the little man. He calls me the little woman - well, he used to - well I used to be little.
Thanks for all your suggestions. I'm looking forward to making part of this trip something he would remember. The hyperactivity of kids and grandkids might be overwhelming and a secluded dinner will help change mood.teehee:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom