Special Birthday Ideas

NEL

Hello Everyone,

I will be at WDW for May 11-15 staying at the Poly to celebrate my son's 4th birthday. I am trying to think of ideas to make the stay extra special by recognizing his birthday with some surprises, the thing is I cant think of any ideas to do that. I will probably order soemthing for the room, but is there anything else I can do? does anyone have some ideas ? Has anyone else done something special for their son's birthday while at WDW? Please share with me your experiences and ideas !

All Help Will Be Appreciated !!!!

:wave:

HouCuseChickie

We're going in Aug for our older daughter's 5th bday. It's a surprise for her, but you may be able to make some of these ideas work for your son.

1. making sure we hit up character meals with her faves on her bday and bday eve
2. thinking about ordering a fancy cake for one of the meals on her bday - delivered to the restaurant vs hotel room.
3. birthday attire - i.e. a bday shirt...maybe bday mouse ears/tiara
4. We're doing a mommy/daughter Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique session- while they offer the prince pkg, I think being a pirate might be more fun :D maybe you guys could do Pirates League together as a surprise
5. while they don't always do anything- make sure all of your reservations (lodging, dining, etc.) note the bday - also remind the host/hostess when checking in for any ADRs of the bday just in case they do cupcakes or any other special things.
6. make sure to get a bday button

I'm still trying to come up with more ideas...but this is what I've got right now.

Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

There is a tshirt I made at the disneystore.com (go to characters, then more characters to design a shirt). There is one with Mickey and Minnie on it with balloons on it, then I added her name. I let her open it at Disney World and said it was from Mickey. It was a big hit, and she felt really special with this birthday shirt.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

we get shirts made through zazzle for each of our disney trips. they even have obscure characters and you can say whatever you want not just your name. we went this past fall for my sisters 40th bday and my shirt asked anyone reading it to yell real loud out happy 40th samantha. a cm in one of the stores noticed it and had the entire store sing happy birthday to her. the birthday pins are great. we also added her birthday to our meal reservations. it was a blast.

Upvote 0

WDW2010

we get shirts made through zazzle for each of our disney trips. they even have obscure characters and you can say whatever you want not just your name. we went this past fall for my sisters 40th bday and my shirt asked anyone reading it to yell real loud out happy 40th samantha. a cm in one of the stores noticed it and had the entire store sing happy birthday to her. the birthday pins are great. we also added her birthday to our meal reservations. it was a blast.

Thats funny, my girlfriends grandmother went with us to Hollywood Studios and Epcot all she had was a happy birthday pin and every CM that walked by greeted her and said happy birthday. Characters noticed it too, it was a lot of fun and entertaining for us :lol:

Upvote 0

tampabrad

1. Get the birthday buttons.
2. A suprise cake or snacks in the room are always great.
3. Pre-purchase gifts that you can have him open every morning, or ask the front desk to put them in the room when you are out, or slide one to your server at a restaurant for them to drop at the table.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

The birthday button is a must....he'll love getting "happy birthdays" from everyone. I would consider the Pirates League, pirate makeover. My DS 3, did this our last trip and he thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was adorable!!!
Be sure to let them know at whichever meal you decide on that it's his birthday. They will bring a special mickey cupcake or other treat.

Upvote 0

britdaw

I'm going to be there on my 30th birthday. LOL Don't think I won't rock a set of ears and a specially designed shirt to announce it. :D

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

have a blast!!! there's no where else you can celebrate a birthday but not actually feel like you're any older than a kid! and oooohhh yes...ears, tiara, pirates hat whatever you're into with a great tshirt and birthday button are a must do!

Upvote 0

daisysimone

birthdays, birthdays, birthdays

HI!
Last year we took each one of our four kids to Disneyworld for their birthdays. They each had something extra special done for them while we were there. Most of my kids are girls, but we did a pirate theme birthday for my 8 yo daughter. We did the pirate cruise for the three girls 4 and up. They offer it at several different resorts. Two cast members will take the kids out on a 2 hour pirate adventure (no parents allowed!). My girls said it was the best 2 hours of their lives! We also did the pirate league which they like even better than the bibbity bobbity boutique. They got to be in a parade that afternoon with all the other kids who had been made pirates that day. We also did the pirate and pals fireworks voyage which leaves from the Contemporary resort. This is a family cruise that takes you out to the seven seas lagoon to watch the fireworks at the MK. Lots of pirate fun. There are also pirate gift baskets you can get delivered. O.k., on another note, we did the Mickey and pals Big Birthday wish, which is where Mickey and pals sneak into your room and leave a big birthday party for your child to find when you get back to your room. My kids LOVED it! This was for my daughter when she turned four. We also took her to the Hoop De Doo Revue which they also all LOVED. I would also consider the Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly. Have a great time!! Oh, don't forget the personalized birthday ears, which can be purchased at MouseGears (epcot) and Le Chapeau (I think is the name of the store at MK)

Upvote 0

NEL

Original Poster
HI!
Last year we took each one of our four kids to Disneyworld for their birthdays. They each had something extra special done for them while we were there. Most of my kids are girls, but we did a pirate theme birthday for my 8 yo daughter. We did the pirate cruise for the three girls 4 and up. They offer it at several different resorts. Two cast members will take the kids out on a 2 hour pirate adventure (no parents allowed!). My girls said it was the best 2 hours of their lives! We also did the pirate league which they like even better than the bibbity bobbity boutique. They got to be in a parade that afternoon with all the other kids who had been made pirates that day. We also did the pirate and pals fireworks voyage which leaves from the Contemporary resort. This is a family cruise that takes you out to the seven seas lagoon to watch the fireworks at the MK. Lots of pirate fun. There are also pirate gift baskets you can get delivered. O.k., on another note, we did the Mickey and pals Big Birthday wish, which is where Mickey and pals sneak into your room and leave a big birthday party for your child to find when you get back to your room. My kids LOVED it! This was for my daughter when she turned four. We also took her to the Hoop De Doo Revue which they also all LOVED. I would also consider the Spirit of Aloha show at the Poly. Have a great time!! Oh, don't forget the personalized birthday ears, which can be purchased at MouseGears (epcot) and Le Chapeau (I think is the name of the store at MK)

Great Ideas, thanks for the info. I have reserved both the spirit of aloha and the pirate and pals cruise. How did you like the pirates and pals. I am a little hesitant b/c its pricey and I am worried it will not be worth the price. How was your experience? I am OK with splurging as long as I think I get my money's worth.

Upvote 0

Bri1121

HouCuseChickie- we are going in August too for my daughters 7th birthday! I have been searching around for ideas too and pretty much have your list!

Disney in itself is special but just trying to make it a little more!

Going to get her a t-shirt and say its from Minnie Mouse! Love that idea. And of course the button!

Upvote 0

gnuts0306

i posted this on another thread also, but heres a good bday idea too! I bring stuff along to do this on my own...its just as effective and costs MUCH less! My DD (5 last yr) LOVES BOLT! I printed out some paw prints and laminated them, bought a Bolt T-shirt, plush, paperback book, necklace, and a few other odds n ends things back home, brought it all along. Her aunt and uncle took her to the arcade one night...i layed the footprints outside our door and leading to each of her surprises. I went to the arcade, we played for awhile and as soon as we got close to our room she noticed the footprints and was SOOO excited! She followed all the footprints and found all of her goodies, and still wonders how BOLT got in the room (she also wonders why is paw prints were so big LMAO) But it was a great surprise for her and a magical moment for me at a much lesser cost!!

Upvote 0

Finallyin09

Birthday ideas

Hello!
We celebrated our sons 5th birthday in October 09 at DW. Will never be able to top it. We arrived late afternoon on his big day, so didn't have much time but as soon as we checked in to the hotel, he got his birthday button...wore it for the entire trip and every cast member stops to say Happy Birthday! How special. I had brought his presents in carry-on luggage so we could celebrate in the room. Ordered everything from disneystore.com. Special birthday mouse ears, autograph book, pen, and a disney b-day party t-shirt!
We then went to Chef mickeys for dinner. I had ordered a cake to be delivered at dinner...so as the characters were waving napkins and singing, they brought out his cake and then we sang happy birthday! So much fun! Going back this year...but four days after the birthday this time. I have read so many wonderful things about the pirate fireworks, we will be doing it this time! Have fun! It will be a birthday he will never forget!!! Either will you!!!

Upvote 0

ml123_9

5. while they don't always do anything- make sure all of your reservations (lodging, dining, etc.) note the bday - also remind the host/hostess when checking in for any ADRs of the bday just in case they do cupcakes or any other special things.
6. make sure to get a bday button

#5 and #6 pretty much sum it up. We went a couple weeks after our son's 4th birthday last May. He wore the button and we made sure his birthday was on all our reservations. Everywhere we had a sit down the server's came out and sang and brought him a piece of cake or ice cream. The character breakfast at Cape May was the best, Minnie, Donald and Goofy all came over to join in. He couldn't quite figure out why everyone, not just cast members, would say happy birthday to him. Also, at
50's Prime Time, after they sang and brought his piece of cake out, the server passed a birthday card around the section we were seated and had everyone else sign it. So now he has a card that a bunch of other guests signed. The whole birthday trip was a blast. We can't wait for September when we go for our daughter's first birthday. Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom