Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

DreamfinderGuy

This part was removed in 2007.
Really? Then what was I thinking of? It was a wavy thing that extended to the ceiling, and it was by that big congregation of triangles where the city used to be. It was there ever since I started making regular visits to EPCOT and it was not right before the park closed. I can't be losing my mind here, can I?

Wait, yeah, it couldn't have been that. This piece did not extend all the way back there or down to the floor. What am I thinking of then?

JoeCamel

Really? Then what was I thinking of? It was a wavy thing that extended to the ceiling, and it was by that big congregation of triangles where the city used to be. It was there ever since I started making regular visits to EPCOT and it was not right before the park closed. I can't be losing my mind here, can I?

Wait, yeah, it couldn't have been that. This piece did not extend all the way back there or down to the floor. What am I thinking of then?
Maybe it was Covid hallucinations. They have been reported. Or one too many dole whips....

KikoKea

Positive it would not have been 1975. Only as EPCOT was not there in 1975.;)
Well, that answers my question!

Originally the wavy thing continued all the way to unload - a second batch of fibre optics and laser projection continued down the descent tunnel and turned into electro luminescent “ropes” that were all suspended by the wire.

Fun fact - the “wavy thing” (I love that) was a beam of communication reaching across the planet, and ultimately Spaceship Earth.
Wasn't there a scene just before the top with a little girl talking to another kid in Japan via a video link?

Expo_Seeker40

I look forwarding to seeing the new video this weekend! To think it all started with a person's memory and this photo.
Screen Shot 2020-09-02 at 2.32.57 PM.png

Expo_Seeker40

By the way, how was the astronaut on the smaller satellite illuminated? Just from the bright light of the Earth projection, or something else? The WorldKey Information photo of it shows it bathed in blue light, but I have a feeling that was for advertisement purposes.

Everything I've seen of the large satellite and astronaut within the space station was illuminated from the bright light coming from the window and the orange/pink lights from the space station ceiling.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
By the way, how was the astronaut on the smaller satellite illuminated? Just from the bright light of the Earth projection, or something else? The WorldKey Information photo of it shows it bathed in blue light, but I have a feeling that was for advertisement purposes.

Everything I've seen of the large satellite and astronaut within the space station was illuminated from the bright light coming from the window and the orange/pink lights from the space station ceiling.
As far as I can tell no illumination except ambient.

I imagine trying to illuminate them at all would have cast shadows onto the interior roof.

Dragonman

Speaking of that, do we have a good copy of the Worldkey Satellite photo? I don’t recall seeing it anywhere, just regular flash photos of the satellite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom