Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

DoleWhipDrea

I'm so sorry for your loss, Martin 😞

I haven't tried doing any meet-ups recently, partly because I felt like maybe I was too old to be around the younger crowd, partly because of being nervous about trying to put myself out there and getting creeped on when I Just want to make new friends, and of course partly because of the pandemic.

But I treasure these forums. My family made me feel like I was crazy for loving the parks so much growing up, and until I discovered the forums, I felt very isolated. It's so nice being able to connect with people and realize that, yes, there's lots of people just like me that I can share the things I'm passionate about.

Brer Oswald

One of the reasons this thread is close to my heart is because a lot of things began for me here - not the least meeting a total stranger amongst the chat about SSE, then via PM, who became a good friend. Without him and his generosity my ongoing video hobby and frequent trips to Orlando probably wouldn’t have happened. Sadly I learnt today he peacefully passed away yesterday. I’ll forever think of him when I read this thread.

Thank you Rob. Keep hugging that mirrored elevator shaft wall in the sky.

View attachment 617935
Oh no, that’s awful. So sorry.

I’m glad you got the time with him that you did.

muddyrivers

This is what the original Disney Community was about before the cancerous "DisTwitter" came along, and all of these vloggers. The love of the parks brought people together from all around the world, people were on these boards because they truly loved and had a passion for Disney. Today I feel a lot of people (and I'm not necessarily talking about members here, mostly people on YouTube and Twitter who claim to be a Disney fan, but care more about their own popularity)
I'm truly sorry about your friend marni :/ but I'm happy you got to make pure, genuine connections like this... something that is extremely rare nowadays.
Yes! This is exactly how I feel. And unfortunately I do think the "cancerous" culture has seeped into WDWMagic a little bit as well. There have been several threads where members are nitpicking and going after each other rather than discussing their love of the parks. Years ago it would be shocking to find one such thread where posters were going at it.

HMF

Yes! This is exactly how I feel. And unfortunately I do think the "cancerous" culture has seeped into WDWMagic a little bit as well. There have been several threads where members are nitpicking and going after each other rather than discussing their love of the parks. Years ago it would be shocking to find one such thread where posters were going at it.
I think the problem is for some of us. Our love for the parks has been eroded by the wholesale thematic destruction of certain parks (EPCOT and Hollywood Studios) and with Chapek in charge and Joe Rohde gone, I fear for Animal Kingdom. Avatar is already a bit of a thematic stretch.

Last edited:

hismattjesty

One of the reasons this thread is close to my heart is because a lot of things began for me here - not the least meeting a total stranger amongst the chat about SSE, then via PM, who became a good friend. Without him and his generosity my ongoing video hobby and frequent trips to Orlando probably wouldn’t have happened. Sadly I learnt today he peacefully passed away yesterday. I’ll forever think of him when I read this thread.

View attachment 617935
My condolences Martin. So sorry for your loss.

Mac Tonight

View attachment 617935
So sorry for your loss, Martin!

Centauri Space Station

View attachment 617935
Very sad to hear Martin, my condolences.

Dragonman

View attachment 617935
So sorry for your loss Martin. This thread has been an amazing place to discover things and meet people.

correcaminos

View attachment 617935
I am so very sorry for your loss and all who mourn him. May his memory be a blessing to you.

Wdwsince86

I was just thinking about this thread today and came back here to give it a bump. If you've never scrolled through this before...
Bill Murray Drink GIF
indeed. Best. Thread. Ever.

nickys

Premium Member

View attachment 617935
I’m so sorry for your loss of a dear friend.

mergatroid

View attachment 617935
Sorry for your loss Martin. Hopefully there's a Disney up in heaven where everything's free and Genie+ doesn't exist. Having seen relatives die in pain it's a blessing he passed peacefully, it's at least a positive and how I wish we could all say farewell.

R.I.P. Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom