Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

JoeCamel

Am I correct in thinking that to ascend to the top of SSE (like Mickey in the famous commercial), one would have to take the scissor lift that sits over the elevator shaft through the black level, then shimmy up a catwalk/ladder between that and Alucobond outer shell to the top? I ask because the lift is a little ways front of center, and the hatch (or at least the one closest to the center) is just shy of the apex of the structure. For inside/outside comparison, see the screenshot from one of recent "lights on" and the construction photo with workers sitting on top. I've marked the corresponding vent in blue and the centerline from the top forward in green. The photo with the workers shows an access hatch circled in red, but that's not visible from within the structure. I'm thinking that the the hatch is only through the Alucobond, and that there must be some sort of support structure between that and the scissor lift to allow access, but that's only speculation. I've seen video of the catwalk between the outer and inner shells further down, but nothing from this high up.
Right, the hatch used during cleaning, Super duper Golden Mickey plaid touring and general access is not at the apex

VicariousCorpse

Is that earth projected on to a separate circle? I always thought it was just projected onto the ceiling
Separate circle:
Screenshot 2023-09-29 011452.png

montyz81

The entire 180top should take its queue from the Las Vegas dome screen albeit in reverse. How cool would that look to have more flexibility on that screen. Star Wars weekend would be a killer add in effect on that screen.

Dragonman

I’ve heard she might’ve also had facial movements but I kind of doubt that considering she could only be seen from a distance and even then was behind the riders rather than prominently in front.

Also if that were the case you would be able to see her face moving a bit in footage but from the various captures of her in videos nothing is moving besides her head and arms.

In the Parks
No
It was recently announced that Epcot will have an episode in the next season of Behind the Attraction. Here’s hoping we get more rare SSE footage like we did with The Imagineering Story.
That would be nice, but I'll bet a lot of it will be a puff piece about what great things are happening there now...er, for the last five years.

Figments Friend

Yeah, watch is be coverage of the ‘Guardians of The Galaxy - Cosmic Rewaind’ Attraction….

Free subliminal marketing related to one of the newer additions, for sure.
This is today’s ‘Disney’ we are talkin’ about here.
Promotional synergy!
🤑

But….

Of course one can hope for a cool take on ‘Spaceship Earth’.
Here’s hoping.

-

JoeCamel

Yeah, watch is be coverage of the ‘Guardians of The Galaxy - Cosmic Rewaind’ Attraction….

Free subliminal marketing related to one of the newer additions, for sure.
This is today’s ‘Disney’ we are talkin’ about here.
Promotional synergy!
🤑

But….

Of course one can hope for a cool take on ‘Spaceship Earth’.
Here’s hoping.

-
"The magic of Elsa in Epcot"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom