spaceship earth

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
hi in the last week i have rode spaceship earth twice and i noticed both times that in the rome scene when you see the section where invaders have turned against rome and there is the fire's we used to get the smell of burning but both times it was removed. Does anyone know wheter it was a fault in the system or have disney removed it?

thanks for any comments

:xmas: merry christmas :xmas:

TheDisneyMagic

Original Poster
yer me too, it was strange because in the scene just before it i was telling my dad that i love that smell and how clever it is that you can smell it there but not in the scene before and after it

:xmas: merry christmas :xmas:

orlpassholder

Id say fault in the system It would stink though if they removed it for people freaking out. They already changed that ride once because people not understanding that the cars rotate

As far as "containing" the burning smell I believe they achieve that by ventalation systems

tztowerofterror

when did you ride it? because i rode it last monday and it was working just fine. it has to be something with the system or they just abruptly decided to take it out.

tztowerofterror

one of my friends loves it so much that she said that she was going to write yankee candle company and tell them they should make a "rome burning" scented candle! :lol: :hammer:

ead79

I rode it on Saturday, and I also noticed that the smell was gone. I hope it's just a fault in the system, because I have always loved that smell.

BwanaBob

Next time you ride SSE, at that scene, look directly up and you will see 2 very large-square ducts that very lightly pull air upwards and out of the scene.

The "smell" comes right at you from a vent just to your right as you enter the scene (ductwork round hole)...can't miss it.

FYI:)

figmentmom

I always make sure I'm on the left side of the ride vehicle so I can get a good snootful of that smell - I love it! (I was at WDW in November, and it was working then!):)

Becky

Originally posted by tztowerofterror
one of my friends loves it so much that she said that she was going to write yankee candle company and tell them they should make a "rome burning" scented candle! :lol: :hammer:

To be placed right next to the Horizons Orange Grove candle:)

General Grizz

And don't forget "Morning Mist," the smell from the original Journey into Imagination. :D

That actually IS in candle form. Someone let me know if they run by a candle called, "eternity."

O I Sleep

romecandle.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom