Spaceship Earth updated?

executivechef

Original Poster
Knowing a few of the people on this site have just returned from WDW I was wondering if any new updates have been done to Spaceship with ATT departing.
Thanks!
Guy

peter11435

They have removed all of the AT&T logos from the attraction and have added Siemens (the new sponsor) to the attractions main sign. Since the new sponsor signed on a number of broken effects have been fixed but for the most part nothing has changed. Later this year they will have a newly desiged post show area to replace the long closed Global Neighborhood. Any other chances to the attraction are just rumors at this point.

Captain Hank

There was also a minor alteration to the exterior color scheme. Large green-ish blue ovals have been added to the entrance area. They look pretty good.

peter11435

Captain Hank said:
There was also a minor alteration to the exterior color scheme. Large green-ish blue ovals have been added to the entrance area. They look pretty good.
True. They also repaved the entrance ramp and repainted the floor of the exit halls.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There were reports also some of the internal effects had a quick polish too - smoke and smells, lighting etc.

peter11435

marni1971 said:
There were reports also some of the internal effects had a quick polish too - smoke and smells, lighting etc.
Yep. The steam is back in the newspaper scene. The smoke from the fire has returned in the caveman scene. The lightning effect has returned on the descent. The fiber optic stars behind the city of the future model have been fixed as have the fiber optics in the scenes behind glass on the descent. They have also either fixed exisiting or added new lighting in the rome scene and at right where you rotate backwards.

I would expect that because of both the new sponsor coming in and Epcot's 25th. anniversary they will do a major revamp of Spaceship Earth. The ride is getting a bit old and stale and those video monitors at the beginning of the ride are annoying...hopefully they will take advantage of this opprotunity.

DubyooDeeDubyoo

Figment1986 said:
and with the discovery of this information the renaissance happened...
Actually, that would bring about Rome, and we all know what happens next.

Hopefully the destruction of Rome will be represented outside, at the construction rig that vaguely resembles a hand and a big stick.

PintoColvig

LudwigVonDrake said:
Hopefully they'll do something about the "loud" track..don't know if it's the cars or the track but something needs to be oiled :D
Yes, I noticed that back in Dec. I don't remember it being so instrusive and noticable.

nelsonj3

peter11435 said:
Yep. The steam is back in the newspaper scene. The smoke from the fire has returned in the caveman scene. The lightning effect has returned on the descent. The fiber optic stars behind the city of the future model have been fixed as have the fiber optics in the scenes behind glass on the descent. They have also either fixed exisiting or added new lighting in the rome scene and at right where you rotate backwards.

Yes! I can confirm all of this. In fact, I got some video of the steam effect in the newpaper scene. In fact, I got video of the whole ride. Lots of the lighting is better, and the narration tracks were clear as crystal.

This doesn't really relate to any alteration to SSE but after IllumiNations, a laser projection of Illuminations presetned by SIEMENS is projected onto SSE on the back then has the earths continents "rotate" around the back half of SSE. I thought that was pretty cool. :]

mayoki

I don't know if this is on their "to do" list, but after 20 years I think everybody gets that the vehicles are rotating for the return to Earth and we don't need it blasted in our ears at 1000 Db.

I especially love it when the ride stops right by the speaker.

ctwhalerman

HM999thGhost said:
This doesn't really relate to any alteration to SSE but after IllumiNations, a laser projection of Illuminations presetned by SIEMENS is projected onto SSE on the back then has the earths continents "rotate" around the back half of SSE. I thought that was pretty cool. :]

I remember them doing this back before the Wand was put up, and I'm glad they have brought this effect back. It was always the perfect ending to the day after Illuminations as everyone exited the park.

peter11435

mayoki said:
I don't know if this is on their "to do" list, but after 20 years I think everybody gets that the vehicles are rotating for the return to Earth and we don't need it blasted in our ears at 1000 Db.

I especially love it when the ride stops right by the speaker.
I am almost certain that recording was not always there. It was added for safety reasons because even after 20 years some people have not been on the ride before and many people are not very smart. I highly doubt they have any plans to remove it.

blakesse06

lighting in rome /greek theater

peter11435 said:
removed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom