Spaceship Earth Sponsored By Nokia Siemens Networks?

benshroyer

Original Poster
Looks like Nokia and Siemens are in the process of merging wonder if this will delay any of the post show improvements or if they will have to change the signs again?

From Yahoo news:
Nokia Corp. and Siemens AG said Monday they will combine their network equipment units in a reported $30 billion joint venture to more effectively take on market leader LM Ericsson.

The combination — to be called Nokia Siemens Networks — would create one of the largest players in the industry, with $20 billion in annual sales. Besides Ericsson, it also puts pressure on Lucent, Alcatel, Motorola and Nortel Networks.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060619/ap_on_hi_te/nokia_siemens_18

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
huh. maybe nokia will start making a decent phone again (construction wise)
i bet that post show would remain the same for now and nokia will be implemented in there some how in the future.

uklad79

This is not the unit that makes phones. Siemens phones are made by BenQ under a license. This merger is to do with the network equipment so the customers will see no difference as Siemens is still a company just one division has merged so Siemens only has part ownership of that division along with Nokia. That division is not a sponsor the company as whole is and which divisions it chooses to tag on to different things it has already decided.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
uklad79 said:
This is not the unit that makes phones. Siemens phones are made by BenQ under a license. This merger is to do with the network equipment so the customers will see no difference as Siemens is still a company just one division has merged so Siemens only has part ownership of that division along with Nokia. That division is not a sponsor the company as whole is and which divisions it chooses to tag on to different things it has already decided.
to be honest... i didnt read the link. sounded like a good summary to me. it will be interesting

WDWFREAK12

DigitalDisney said:
Woohoo! Maybe now I'll finally get to go in an Epcot corporate lounge, since I work for Nokia. =)
lol sounds cool, too bad i dont work there. Can ne one tell me that has been there what it looks like? And what are the benefits of it?

dolbyman

Woohoo! Maybe now I'll finally get to go in an Epcot corporate lounge, since I work for Nokia. =)

hey another nokia employee :wave:

but not the whole siemens company is makin fusion with nokia .. unless siemens gsm/utms network services is sponsoring SSE.. I doubt there will be any connection with nokia on SSE :)

GhostHost1989

Im assuming it is a good thing that a communication business is sponsoring a ride dedicated the history of communication and who knows they may ad a tweak of their own to it

rolm

The Siemens unit that sponsors SSE is Siemens Sylvania and Siemens Corp. The Siemens COM divisions, Fixed, Mobile, Carrier, and Enterprise are just riding the coat tail of the Siemens name. Siemens Fixed, Mobile (not cellphones), and Carrier are now called Nokia Siemens Networks:(. Name on SSE will not change, unless they dump Sylvania division, then maybe, but I'm sure Siemens Corp will pick it up. Whew! confused yet.

Videoteck

benshroyer said:
Looks like Nokia and Siemens are in the process of merging wonder if this will delay any of the post show improvements or if they will have to change the signs again?

From Yahoo news:
Nokia Corp. and Siemens AG said Monday they will combine their network equipment units in a reported $30 billion joint venture to more effectively take on market leader LM Ericsson.

The combination — to be called Nokia Siemens Networks — would create one of the largest players in the industry, with $20 billion in annual sales. Besides Ericsson, it also puts pressure on Lucent, Alcatel, Motorola and Nortel Networks.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060619/ap_on_hi_te/nokia_siemens_18

Siemens? and Nokia what? Siemens is secruity I thought.

Moustronaut

Videoteck said:
Siemens? and Nokia what? Siemens is secruity I thought.
Siemens is everything. They make light bulbs, power transmission equipment, circuit breakers, communications equipment, ultrasounds machines... and on and on and on.

SirNim

Moustronaut said:
Siemens is everything. They make light bulbs, power transmission equipment, circuit breakers, communications equipment, ultrasounds machines... and on and on and on.
Reminds one of General Electric... :lookaroun

lilphil6487

DigitalDisney said:

ive been in an Epcot corporate lounge before!!!! it was awesome since i was a little kid and i felt like i was better than other ppl that couldnt get in there lol. but really it was neat cuz my dad worked for GE and Horizons was sponsored by them so we got to go and we got to go ahead of ppl in line and also they gave free drinks and finger food things. this was way back when obviously since the lounge was at Horizons. lol i know this is off topic so il be going now.

Sharon L

SirNim said:
Reminds one of General Electric... :lookaroun

Siemens is the GE of Germany and much of Europe. I worked for Siemens Medical Systems for almost 10 years. There is not a lot that Siemens doesn't make.

cloudboy

Does anyone have a schematic of the Siemans company? Can one be done in simple 2 dimensions, or does it have to involve 3?

Yes, Seimens is very much like GE. Perhaps even bigger. They are also big in trasnportation, so I would be very surprised if they didn't do something about the ride vehicles. After all, it would not reflect well on their trains if their ride was so poor.

cloudboy

Thanks. That was actually in jest, to point out how huge a coproration Siemans was, but it is a helpful link, especially for those who honestly havn't heard of the company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom