Spaceship Earth Refurbishment

TikiRoom1971

Original Poster
Does anyone know what exactly is going to change in Spaceship Earth? Will Judi Dench still narrate? And what is the refurbishment timetable?

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
Please do not quote me and change what I said. If you would like to post it might be 3 years then do so in your own post.
I have done myself quite a lot.
its-getting-hot-id54ay.jpg

Eamethyst

Does anyone know what exactly is going to change in Spaceship Earth? Will Judi Dench still narrate? And what is the refurbishment timetable?
You’ll visit Egypt, which is part of the current version of the attraction, but it will be an Egypt like you’ve never seen before, transformed through the power of light. Throughout the attraction, you’ll hear new narration and see how light plays a central role in our shared human journey, coming to life in dynamic ways in a celebration of the magic that’s possible when we all come together. Spaceship earth will close on May 26 and reopens in late 2022 to early 2023.

bjlc57

why in the wide wide world of sports does it take 2 to 3 years to fix and redo a ride.. they build magic kingdom in a year.. really.. this is the major sight object in Epcot and its closed for 2 plus years.. give me a break...

Goofy213

Yes, but when they built Magic Kingdom it was nothing but bare dirt. When they redo Spaceship Earth they are not tearing the whole thing down and starting over. It's more complicated when you have to work around and existing structure. When SSE was built the first time much of the large set peices and objects were installed before the ball was completely sealed, now they don't have that luxury. Personally I would rather they take their time and get things right. SSE is to important of an icon to rush and screw things up (ex: Dinoland).

SteamboatJoe

October 1, 2022, the park's 40th, would be almost 2.5 years. Pure, uneducated speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if that's the unofficial target completion date internally. Another 6 months would still allow it to be re-opened during the 40th celebration and right before the 2023 summer season begins.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know if Spaceship Earth will be open when Epcot reopens on July 15th? It was scheduled for refurbishment starting yesterday.
I believe the website did put it in refurb mode yesterday but it's definitely possible it will be open although it has one of the worst lines for social distancing and would easily wind out of the queue so maybe it will not be ipen

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom