News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

Disneyson

I imagine that the over saturation of the projections will cover the fact that there are less AAs.

This reminds me of when DEP got the pixie dust, which I thought was cute but... most people didn’t get it, right? And then they cut it?

jt04

The pillars specifically look lit from the inside, so not everything will necessarily be projections. Likely a mix of effects throughout to keep the viewer from seeing through the 'magic'.

Ditching the ride vehicle screens will make a huge difference. And if they get rid of the clunky track it will be much more immersive.

This inevitably will improve on the 2007 version. No doubt about it.

Elfinko

I haven't read much of this thread, but I'm hoping it's still a pretty chill and relaxing ride after the refurb. Glad its shutting down in May. We'll get to see it one last time this April.

Bocabear

The pillars specifically look lit from the inside, so not everything will necessarily be projections. Likely a mix of effects throughout to keep the viewer from seeing through the 'magic'.

Ditching the ride vehicle screens will make a huge difference. And if they get rid of the clunky track it will be much more immersive.

This inevitably will improve on the 2007 version. No doubt about it.
How can you even tell from the limited information we have... No doubt Journey Into Your Imagination refurb might have looked amazing if they only presented one piece of concept art... I agree with the other sentiments, but I think it is WAAAAYYYY too early to have any idea of what this will end up looking like...

jt04

How can you even tell from the limited information we have... No doubt Journey Into Your Imagination refurb might have looked amazing if they only presented one piece of concept art... I agree with the other sentiments, but I think it is WAAAAYYYY too early to have any idea of what this will end up looking like...

I guess I wasn't very impressed with the 2007 version and am much more confident in management and Imagineering in 2020 than in the early to mid oughts.

The cynicism of the interwebz short circuits critical thinking and creates artificial blinders. I've learned how to see through it. 🔭

msteel

Except the vehicles are a continuous string so triggered effects don't work.

Well, I guess if they wanted to, when replacing/refurbishing the track and ride vehicles they could replace some with "blanks" like the omnimover at Hershey's Chocolate World has.

matt9112

Im ok with them updating things and bringing the newest technology to thigsas long as the old stuff dosen't need to be butchered. That egypt scene seems ok to me i like it. I also like the idea (looks sort of like it) of having that curtain effect of light on mist or just in general going from each scene to another. Scene transitions currently are one of the weaker points of orginal design because the ride is so slow. Imho of course. Still my favorite ride at epcot. And please god make sure the screens die. Could place real nice plaque like epcot/sse logos in those spots add a touch of class. I wouldn't mind some subtle accents to the cars themselves so they look a little fresher when your loading and unloading

999th Happy Haunt

There’s no way the “Thank the Phoenicians” line is completely absent from the new version right? Doubt they’re not bringing it back, pretty sure they’ve even sold merch with that line on it.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
There’s no way the “Thank the Phoenicians” line is completely absent from the new version right? Doubt they’re not bringing it back, pretty sure they’ve even sold merch with that line on it.
I dunno - they also used to have quite a bit of “We wants the Redhead” merch too. That didn’t stop them from destroying that scene. 🙁

MouseBrayden

Made a video today which included talking about the reconfiguring of the queue & load/unload ride track for Spaceship Earth during the reimagining. Other people on this forum know more specifics on this project than I do, but just wanted to share this rudimentary visualization of the possible new layout and how the queue could be moved inside by bumping out the ride track, something my sources have said is the plan for a while. Rumor only, of course!

j52Mf2e.jpg

In the concept art of the new building you can spot the exit ramp you currently have from the elevated ride track back down to ground level, except now it's pushed all the way out to the back of where the VIP lounge approximately is, lending more to this idea of reshaping the track around the perimeter of the new rear building.

ygqxTgI.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I guess I wasn't very impressed with the 2007 version and am much more confident in management and Imagineering in 2020 than in the early to mid oughts.

The cynicism of the interwebz short circuits critical thinking and creates artificial blinders. I've learned how to see through it. 🔭

I think the only short circuit is in what is facing your computer screen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom