News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

JohnD

Im waiting to hear what IP they are going to cram in there, sorry guys I just dont trust them anymore. But fingers crossed they don't.

My vote is The Black Hole. Can you imagine a Maximilian AA? That would be awesome.

blackholelores.jpg

Sky

Knock on every piece of wood in a lumber store - but of all the attractions in WDW I think SE may be slightly protected, since it’s a park icon. They don’t assign IP other than Mickey to other major icons - in a way it diminishes the power of the icon if it’s assigned to something. (I’m not counting Cindy).

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Knock on every piece of wood in a lumber store - but of all the attractions in WDW I think SE may be slightly protected, since it’s a park icon. They don’t assign IP other than Mickey to other major icons - in a way it diminishes the power of the icon if it’s assigned to something. (I’m not counting Cindy).

Don't mean to knock over your wood, but SE is the only icon that doesn't have IP within it.

Omnimovin

After giving this a little more thought, as exciting as the prospect of a full refurb is... two years or more??? C'mon.

The entirety of EPCOT Center took only three years to build from start to finish. Spaceship Earth, in its original construction, took only slightly more than two years (26 months) to build. And they are taking somewhere between 2-3 years to refurb it?

I know Disney has slowed construction projects to an absolutely glacial pace in the last decade or so, but that's absolutely ridiculous.

Lots of red tape now-a-days, projects take 3-4 times longer than they used to. Just ask Bob Gurr, he has stated that back in the day they were just told to do it, and it got done.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's only the outward appearance that's the park icon. They could gut the interior and replace it with "A Journey Through Wakanda" and nobody would care, because it's still "the ride inside the big golf ball."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom