News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

ar81

We are planning Spring Break-March 2020. Mainly pushing out due to Galaxys Edge and we don’t get to go every year. I was bummed thinking SE would be closed.

zooey

I haven’t been able to keep up on all the juicy Epcot changes coming but from past experiences I’m cynical. Is SSE rumored to be rethemed or gutted or anything else concerning to old school Epcot folks like me?

tparris

I haven’t been able to keep up on all the juicy Epcot changes coming but from past experiences I’m cynical. Is SSE rumored to be rethemed or gutted or anything else concerning to old school Epcot folks like me?
According to @marni1971 most scenes will be refurbed and some changed, and 180top will be improved. I don’t recall what he said about the descent, but he might be able to fill you in on that if he can. A retracking is also possible I believe.

Timothy_Q

According to @marni1971 most scenes will be refurbed and some changed, and 180top will be improved. I don’t recall what he said about the descent, but he might be able to fill you in on that if he can. A retracking is also possible I believe.
Also possibly moving the entrance to where the exit is, and adding a pre-show

Dragonman

At last Window Girl will be released from her blacked out space station prison and extract her revenge...

Last edited:

bcoachable

Are we armchairing now???!!! Can I play?!?!

I vote Wall-E theme, and the ride vehicles are the e c v’s that drag us along inside the space ship “Axiom”.
Setting is an onboard museum-
showing us the wonders of the Earth that we used to live on...
“Enjoying your ecv onboard computer? Thank Steve Jobs, he invented them”

RSoxNo1

Are we armchairing now???!!! Can I play?!?!

I vote Wall-E theme, and the ride vehicles are the e c v’s that drag us along inside the space ship “Axiom”.
Setting is an onboard museum-
showing us the wonders of the Earth that we used to live on...
“Enjoying your ecv onboard computer? Thank Steve Jobs, he invented them”
I've suggested a Wall-E trackless vehicle attraction along the roofs of Future World as part of my armchair imagineering podcast.

ThistleMae

Spaceship Earth is one of my favorites to get out of the heat and the crowds and just enjoy the rides. The very first time I visited Epcot, it was down. I'll miss it when I go in Jan/Feb 2020 but it will be nice to experience it anew after the refurb. I hope they update the last part where you get to pick your future and watch that little cartoon of you. They could def. make it way cooler with all the tech they have now. Also, I love the smell in there. You can actually buy that scent online if you want to trigger good memories of the ride. I didn't buy it, but I was amazed they even thought of selling such a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom