News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

mikejs78

Premium Member
While I enjoy the current soundtrack, I do miss the Irons version. :(

I don't know of many people that prefer the current soundtrack over the previous ones, but I'm glad to see it has fans, because it is really good.
I liked both, but prefer the new score because it's unique to the attraction. The Irons score was not, it was just classical music selected for the attraction. Although the music they selected for the descent did give me goosebumps... And then there's Tomorrow's Child, which was also great.

If I had to pick - I'd want the current score, but with either more majestic music for the descent (a la Irons version) or a more modern version of Tomorrow's Child...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I liked both, but prefer the new score because it's unique to the attraction. The Irons score was not, it was just classical music selected for the attraction. Although the music they selected for the descent did give me goosebumps... And then there's Tomorrow's Child, which was also great.

If I had to pick - I'd want the current score, but with either more majestic music for the descent (a la Irons version) or a more modern version of Tomorrow's Child...

I don't want Chapek and his minions touching 'Tomorrow's Child' and making a "more modern version" of it. :mad:

And, they don't know "grand". "Grand" hasn't really been a part of TWDC's vocabulary since about 1994, with few exceptions.

Last edited:

QuasiNoFroyo

But if you guys ever wanted a hilariously bad narration of Spaceship Earth, these would be my personal suggestions:

Christopher Walken
Jay Baruchel
Kristen Stewart (passing by the burning of Rome, emotionlessly: "Whoa. What is going on.")
Michael Cera
Neil Breen
Nicolas Cage
Shia LaBeouf
Tommy Wiseau (this would be a riot of epic proportions)

HauntedMansionFLA

But if you guys ever wanted a hilariously bad narration of Spaceship Earth, these would be my personal suggestions:

Christopher Walken
Jay Baruchel
Kristen Stewart (passing by the burning of Rome, emotionlessly: "Whoa. What is going on.")
Michael Cera
Neil Breen
Nicolas Cage
Shia LaBeouf
Tommy Wiseau (this would be a riot of epic proportions)
James Earl Jones!!

KingOfEpicocity

Wasn’t it always a woman’s voice during the spiel on what you shouldn’t do to not get sick?

Or you mean the replacement for Gary Sinese? Because his voice wouldn’t seem really rough to me or “uncalming.”

I didn't see a reason to change either. (I love Gary Sinese!) But i'm guessing Disney did their research and made their decision based on what makes guests more comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom