News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

iowamomof4

It could go down on Feb 27, the day that Test Track comes out of refurb. Or the next day. Or week. Or month. It's WDW.

Yes, FPs have been known to be cancelled for ride breakdowns, refurbs, and closures. It should magically turn into a FP for any attraction.

In fact, people should now grab SSE FPs in the hope of getting a wildcard FP!!

Actually, if they cancel your fastpass they'll most likely replace it with "another attraction we think you'll enjoy" - like the short film festival or Figment. Then you can go in and change it over to something else, but it likely won't be a multiple experience fastpass. That happens when a ride goes down on the day of your fastpass, or when Disney IT absolutely flubs up like they did with the first couple weeks of March recently at DHS. At least, this is what my experience has been.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
I said my goodbyes to Spaceship Earth last October knowing I wouldn’t return till September of this year. I literally rode it 3 times in a row and tried to absorb every little thing I could. Dramatic yes I know lol but I heard on here it was going down for about 2&1/2 to 3 years.

Yes, my family was very sentimental in August. Pictures in front of the mural and all. It is interesting as I now have a FP for 4/17.

Touchdown

Glad I get to ride on one last trip in early May. It’s going to hurt having this ride closed in October, that ride I strongly associate with my grandfather who passed away when I was 6. However, it does need a refurb and I like the look of the Egypt scene.

Jahona

Am I missing something? I was hopeful about the SSE update but this "story light" stuff is starting to sound ridiculous..

It will be interesting to see how they integrate it. I like the concept art of light coming from objects. Gives it a somewhat ethereal feel. There's a lot of opportunity to do some impressive dynamic lighting effects inside the ride if they do go that route.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
First blog post of the Chapek era and they cant even spell Epcot right... ugh...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200225-172709_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20200225-172709_Facebook.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 325

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom