Spaceship Earth Question

Horizons1986

I just hope that it is open by Jan 5. Both Splash Mountain and SSE are two of my favorites and I would hope that they weren't both closed for my trip! But like someone already said, it is probably just a rumor that it is that far behind schedule.

But then again, who really knows? :shrug:

bigtotoro

This is not the first time Disney has fallen behind on a project...when that happens, they typically start working around the clock. At one point, Disneyland's Space Mountain was not expected to open til November of 2005. They worked hard and opened it in July. I would bet SSE will at least be open by Christmas. Construction delays are constantly exaggerated around here, and there are only a handful of cases where attractions actually opened behind schedule (and attractions like Test Track or MILF are special cases).

Removing an entire showscene is too stupid to be true...I could see them accidentally destroying the wrong animatronics, though, which would set them back a bit...but unless you are the Liberty Square Riverboat, you are usually safe from major delays.
I say it opens no later than December 1. I have no evidence to back this up, I just want to be able to say I called it when it happens. I really have a hard time believing they would let Epcot's signature attraction slip past the busiest time of the year. Overruns and delays are a fact of life in construction, but to hear the rumors around here Disney has the Keystone Kops doing construction. I don't know about you, but I don't buy that.

kubfish

I get so confused here. I read one post that says DCA is taking money from DW and nothing is planned for DW and now another that is upset because they are redoing Space Mountain

Trust me when I say, If they redo space better or as good as the DL version then even a 2 year wait will be worth it.

EDIT : wow I posted this in the wrong thread... supposed to go in space mountain

Jerm

I am still in the mind set of mid-Nov for the opening. Of course this is just the projected and is always subject to change. But SERIOUSLY I need it to be open by Dec. 4th!

jmvd20

I say it opens no later than December 1. I have no evidence to back this up, I just want to be able to say I called it when it happens. I really have a hard time believing they would let Epcot's signature attraction slip past the busiest time of the year. Overruns and delays are a fact of life in construction, but to hear the rumors around here Disney has the Keystone Kops doing construction. I don't know about you, but I don't buy that.

I say November 19th...

I do agree that it would be very strange if the project was as far behind as some people claim. Ask anyone who is knowledgeable in construction about the likelyhood of a 6-8 week delay on a 4 month project - it may happen but usually results in people changing careers. That is of course barring any unforseen sinkholes or the ride system is tearing the building apart...

RSoxNo1

Have their been any confirmations as to the new narrator. We've all heard the Patrick Stewart rumors, but has that been confirmed?

jmvd20

Have their been any confirmations as to the new narrator. We've all heard the Patrick Stewart rumors, but has that been confirmed?

It has been confirmed that Patrick Stewart as the new narrator is an unconfirmed rumor at this time... :D

I do hope he is the new narrator though, in my opinion he is one of the best at it.

MythBuster

Delays always happen when you hire cheap labor and contract everything out and then you have many sub contractors. So there can be many mistakes and you would be surprised to see how many mistakes are really made but nobody knows about.

Moustronaut

This is not the first time Disney has fallen behind on a project...when that happens, they typically start working around the clock. At one point, Disneyland's Space Mountain was not expected to open til November of 2005. They worked hard and opened it in July. I would bet SSE will at least be open by Christmas. Construction delays are constantly exaggerated around here, and there are only a handful of cases where attractions actually opened behind schedule (and attractions like Test Track or MILF are special cases).

But but but, it is Epcot after all. Every Project Comes Out Tardy. :ROFLOL:

As long as it's open for spring training, I'm happy.

po1998

Does anyone know if as part of the rehab, the bumpiness in the track is being corrected. When you combine that with the hard plastic headrests, SSE leaves you with a major headache.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom