Spaceship Earth News...Emailing picture plus video

jedimaster1227

NICE! Software Upgrade, I presume.
:sohappy:

Certainly not the last... :animwink:

Well at least we know they haven't given up on SSE.....:)

Not even close! Like I've said before, Spaceship Earth will be continually enhanced for quite some time...

Are there still missing AA's inside SSE that haven't been put back in the attraction?

As of right now, all animatronics that were removed with the intent of re-installation have been reinstalled. Any others have been archived (or dismantled for parts) for other purposes.

EPCOT Explorer

Certainly not the last... :animwink:

Not even close! Like I've said before, Spaceship Earth will be continually enhanced for quite some time...

As of right now, all animatronics that were removed with the intent of re-installation have been reinstalled. Any others have been archived (or dismantled for parts) for other purposes.

So...This is only beginning? I don't know what else they could do but finish the finale off, but hey! Plussing is a good thing.:D

jedimaster1227

So...This is only beginning? I don't know what else they could do but finish the finale off, but hey! Plussing is a good thing.:D

It may take time, but what kind of progress doesn't? :animwink:

I think of this as the continuation of a project with tons of heart and dedication to it. I am (as I have always been) confident that the team that started this refurbishment of Spaceship Earth will finish it--and will keep at it until they feel it is right.

jt04

I think of this as the continuation of a project with tons of heart and dedication to it. I am (as I have always been) confident that the team that started this refurbishment of Spaceship Earth will finish it--and will keep at it until they feel it is right.

Sounds great to me. I find the transition between Sistine/Newspaper weak and the matrix tunnel on the ascent needs work. And I would love to see a moonscape in the 180. I have a lot of confidence that what you say is true and admire the perseverance of those working on the project.

HMF

Maybe if I make masks of mine and my familys faces and send them to someone they can use them so it looks like we're on their... and then you can email me the video! :ROFLOL:
How about we make Tom Fitzgerald masks.:p

EPCOT Explorer

Fantastic!

Thanks, Adam...This is a very nice piece of news.:D:sohappy:

aladdin2007

Thats great news to hear. It would just be nice if they could get on with it a little bit more in the descent at this point so it looks better. But like some others have said maybe we will see some more enhancements this spring.

The green matrix tunnel light still dances at the 180 top, I wonder if thats something that just cant be changed or fixed for whatever reason.

EPCOT Explorer

Thats great news to hear. It would just be nice if they could get on with it a little bit more in the descent at this point so it looks better. But like some others have said maybe we will see some more enhancements this spring.

The green matrix tunnel light still dances at the 180 top, I wonder if thats something that just cant be changed or fixed for whatever reason.
I know it was a mistake and all...But when I saw it in AUG, it looked kinda cool!:lol::shrug: Northern lights-ish

MousDad

I respect your knowledge of the situation, and agree with your sentiments.

But at what point can we legitimately continue to discuss the refurb (especially in relation to the infamous descent) as still being a work in progress?

Soft openings occurred over 1 year ago. The official rededication ceremony was 10 months ago. Any changes that have been made to the descent during that timeframe have required the highest degree of SSE fanboy acumen (and not to mention night vision equipment) to discern.

The longer and longer this drags out, the less comfortable I am embracing this idea of a work in progress.

I all for the plussing of the descent, but let's call it what it appears to be - a new refurbishment, if and when it comes. Any refurb that sits essentially dormant for a year has to be considered finished, even if it's not complete.

EPCOT Explorer

I respect your knowledge of the situation, and agree with your sentiments.

But at what point can we legitimately continue to discuss the refurb (especially in relation to the infamous descent) as still being a work in progress?

Soft openings occurred over 1 year ago. The official rededication ceremony was 10 months ago. Any changes that have been made to the descent during that timeframe have required the highest degree of SSE fanboy acumen (and not to mention night vision equipment) to discern.

The longer and longer this drags out, the less comfortable I am embracing this idea of a work in progress.

I all for the plussing of the descent, but let's call it what it appears to be - a new refurbishment, if and when it comes. Any refurb that sits essentially dormant for a year has to be considered finished, even if it's not complete.
So how do we explain the Triangles? Or the curtain movements? I don't think they are doind that for the ambiance...:lol: It's gotta mean something is going on.

mcjaco

So how do we explain the Triangles? Or the curtain movements? I don't think they are doing that for the ambiance...:lol: It's gotta mean something is going on.

There lies your answer. You're still discussing curtain movements.

That's not a refurb, it's maintenance.

Enigma

Account Suspended

They can start by rewriting the narration.

Seriously, the narration for the "new" SSE is like going to a nice restaruant and being served baby food with a side of chicken fingers.

mcjaco

I think the bigger question is why are they still working on the descent (if they really are), a year later.

That's speaks volumes on how Disney works now. There's much bigger issues around the World that need some TLC other than the stinking SSE descent that no one (as in the GP) is paying any attention to while the video is running.

Oh wait, I've yet to ride it when the video has worked properly.....

EPCOT Explorer

I think the bigger question is why are they still working on the descent (if they really are), a year later.

That's speaks volumes on how Disney works now. There's much bigger issues around the World that need some TLC other than the stinking SSE descent that no one (as in the GP) is paying any attention to while the video is running.

Sad, huh?

TheDisneyMagic

Thats pretty unfortunate, I find the only times the video plays up is if the ride slows to a crawl or stops just as you are about to have your photo taken. Other than when that unlucky occurance happens, since being officialy open the video works every time flawlessly for me.

mcjaco

^ Yes.

Which is why I'm confused as to why there is still discussion about the descent. They aren't doing anything.

Except moving curtains. :lookaroun

:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom