Spaceship Earth narrator

Andy

Original Poster
Just a quick question, if Disney were going to change the narrator at Spaceship Earth, (which I think they will soon) who should they pick? Here are a few choices:

*James Earl Jones
*David Ogden Stiers

Anyone else have any ideas?

:animwink:
Andy

Erika

I'll play! David Ogden Stiers has done SO MUCH for Disney-- and I really like him. But, I think James Earl Jones' voice would be the perfect choice for what I consider to be one of the most relaxing rides in WDW!

monorail256

Woulndt that be something if James did it... then he would be working for Verizon and AT&T!! Maybe like.. at the end of spaceship earth when you are returning to Earth he could do the Darth Vader breathing or something cool :)

Andy

Original Poster
It would be, I was thinking about it, and his voice is PERFECT, it would be great. Don't get me wrong, Jeremy Irons is great, but someone new should have a go. So who else can you think of?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Originally posted by monorail256
Woulndt that be something if James did it... then he would be working for Verizon and AT&T!! Maybe like.. at the end of spaceship earth when you are returning to Earth he could do the Darth Vader breathing or something cool :)

Uhm. He only did the voice. The breathing is a sound effect.

My thoughts on the subject is that they should spend the money on something else.

MKingdom25

I think James Earl Jones would be a great choice. Only thing I would make sure, though, is that no Star Wars phrases/actions were incorporated in. As long as it would be strictly dealing with the attraction and not trying to sneak some SW stuff in there, it would great!
What do y'all think?

Hurricane

I have been saying this since Field of Dreams came out. I used to listen to his speech in FoD before every ballgame when I played baseball, he's got such a great voice, especially when he did The Raven for the Simpsons, and Casey At Bat.

YES YES YES James Earl Jones would be perfect

meeko_33785

For some reason I think William Daniels (from St. Elsewhere) would make a great narrator for something. Maybe Hall of Presidents since he was well known for playing John Adams for 1776 and has that kind of Presidental sound. Also, all the kids will remember him as Mr. Feeny on Boy Meets World, so he would be a recognizable voice for all of the park's audience

Spencer

What about Shawn Conery

Attachments

• caddieslogo.gif
    caddieslogo.gif
    13 KB · Views: 122

Andy

Original Poster
I like the Patrick Stewart suggestion. Ok so who are the finalists?

*James Earl Jones
*Anthony Hopkins
*Walter Cronkite (2)

Any others before we all vote on the finalist?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom