SpaceShip Earth Ideas

miamimickey72

Original Poster
Many people talk about taking down the wand at Epcot...i for one think it was a nice idea 5 years ago and that it should be changed.

Does anyone have any idea of what else they can do to SSE??

I had an idea on my last trip to paris, France. The Eiffel Tower at night turns on hundreds of strobe lights every 15 min and makes the tower look amazing. What if Disney was to place a strobe light at each corver where the panels on the outter part of SSE meet....and create a kind of light show???

maybe incorp. it into illuminations some how????

What other ideas do you all think???

brkgnews

That might be neat. Although, it might look a little like the New Year's ball at Times Square. I don't think I'd want it going off all the time -- maybe just after Illuminations. Keep in mind that all of the World Showcase buildings strobe during Illuminations.

miamimickey72

Original Poster
Yes...the original is beautiful and I for one think it should just be left alone. But other threads, people talk about it needing something done. So before they put something tacky, I was just thinking of what can they do to please the people who want it to have something....and still not look tacky. I agree that it may look like the TimeSquare ball...and yes having strobes turn on all the time may not be a great thing....so I maybe after illuminations as people walk out on the way to the car. Just a little twinkle as saying good bye.

I am surprised they have even kept the original Poster which is located right before you come into the ride....still up. I love that poster. So original.

Who knows whats next

WDWhumanmap

i think the whole ride needs to go back to the orignial way. i enjoyed the old ride. i know lots of people think it needs a new ride completely but, i like this ride to rest on after a long day around the parks. i know future world is always changing but i do not want to see it change to the point of knocking down one of the most prominate symbols at wdw. which is what was rumored with project gemini. anyway i missed things from the old ride the catchy dailouge and the song at the end Tomorrow's Child. i have a great idea what if, they were to merge the orginal ride and the new ride. espically at the end and to have the song playing in the background. i feel in all actuality, the new ending is stating the same as the old; WE ARE ALL TOMORROW'S CHILDREN WITHIN OUR SPACESHIP EARTH AND THE FUTURE OF COMMUNICATION IS IN OUR HANDS.

p.s. brkgnews i like your avatar long live the symbols and what Epcot stands for. :sohappy:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
monorail_man said:
IMO I think SSE needs to go back to the original way it was. I liked the way they would light it up at night SEEN HERE
i agree....... i even want the palm trees back in focus. even if that means getting rid of the LAL. sorry to all that paid for that..........

brkgnews

miamimickey72 said:
I am surprised they have even kept the original Poster which is located right before you come into the ride....still up. I love that poster. So original.

This one? Unfortunately, they knocked those down sometime between September and January. They may have put them back since then, but I doubt it. They even got rid of the case itself.
:mad: :cry:

ps -- thanks, wdwhumanmap. I try to preserve what I can.

Disneyana

I am all for gettign rid of the wand. It was a great idea during the mil. celebration but it is old and I personally would rather see SE stand alone once again in it's glory.

Thenupdate the attraction inside and it's back in business.

miamimickey72

Original Poster
OH NO. Last time I was in Epcot was in November and honestly i did not notice if the poster sign was knocked down. I am going in April for the Flower Festival and will look to see if it is down or not. Shame. It would be GREAT to have the original songs back. I especially would love it if they would take them BRIGHT screens which they have as your on the way up at the start.....it takes away from the traveling back in time effect. I hope that they do not do any major changes to this ride other then fix and or replace the moving carts. I mean they make alot of noise and are no longer smooth. Other then that....leave this ride alone. Its a classic which MANY people love. :wave:

BG Rugger

1) Get rid of the wand.
2) Like the idea of some type of lighting or going back to the original.
3) New ride system and audio-animatronics inside without changing the storyline.

Do those and Spaceship Earth will be class.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom