Spaceship Earth - good possibility of December previews

Biff215

i was going to ask the sameee, last year on new year eve ,epcot was a mess 180+ min for soaring ,test track, MS but was a great day ,so im going to repeat it this year, but without sse and body wars i cant imagine the crowds :brick:

Personally I can't see Wonders reopening as it has in the past, given how they shuttered everything for Food & Wine. I'm not sure how effective it is in lessening the crowds anyway. We were there between Christmas and New Year's last year and it was a ghost town in there. It was a nice place to escape the crowds, but it definitely wasn't helping the other attractions.

EPCOT.nut

Personally I can't see Wonders reopening as it has in the past, given how they shuttered everything for Food & Wine. I'm not sure how effective it is in lessening the crowds anyway. We were there between Christmas and New Year's last year and it was a ghost town in there. It was a nice place to escape the crowds, but it definitely wasn't helping the other attractions.

Right, last year at Christmastime, we had to wait for enough people so they would load us on body wars. I think they got 5 more before they let us on. Pretty sad to have to stand there a while before they could get 7 people to get on the ride...

jmuboy

Spaceship Earth is currently set for some previews in December. Good luck to anyone heading to WDW at that time - keeps your eyes open!
Remember though, as always with soft opens, plans change, so dont be upset if it doesnt happen.

This is good news ....... I'm going in late January.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
When there is a soft opening, is it then open on and off continuously from that point forward, or is it on and off sporadically with a period of time between the soft opening and the permanent opening?

I guess I'm wondering if a soft opening is an indication of when it will be open to stay :shrug:

DisneySaint

Soft opening means the attraction can shut down without notice for minutes, hours, days, or weeks at a time. It also means all effects may not yet be operational. It's used as a stress-tester, a training tool, and to gauge guest response.

TomorrowlandTyler

I'd be very surprised if the did previews the week of Christmas-New Years...It will probably be the weeks leading up to Christmas and the weeks after New Years. With previews, they really don't want a "line" where, as said before, if it does go down, they don't have unhappy guests. And I'm sure it will be going down a lot with these touch screens until they work all the bugs out and have guests test the out.

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Soft opening means the attraction can shut down without notice for minutes, hours, days, or weeks at a time. It also means all effects may not yet be operational. It's used as a stress-tester, a training tool, and to gauge guest response.

Thank you, and then I assume there is still an official opening day announced at some point?

Spyne

Interesting news. They must be working around the clock, day and night to get it open this month as opposed to delaying it until February.

It will be interesting though if it does open this month to soft openings. I'm excited to see the new SSE. :)

mikeb1967

Happy Birthday to me!

Yay! Happy 40th Birthday to me, i'll be there from the 12th to the 18th. Here's hoping i can ride on my birthday on the 17th. YEE HAAAAH!

Figment82

I can guarantee you all that it won't be open this weekend or the very near future. There's still some work to be done, and T&A hasn't occurred yet. Be patient... :)

Paul06TC

Hopefully its opened in Jan 08 when i'm there. If its not then there's 2 rides I won't be able to go on (other is SplashMountain)

rdour@techminds

I'm going to be very surprised if it opens next week. I'd be very happy, for sure it would be the high point of my trip to ride it. Its the last great OmniMover in Epcot (not counting short JII or Nemo). Riding a new dark ride of this sort is always refreshing. I guess it means not everyone wants or needs thrills to be happy at WDW.

Ryan

CaptainMichael

I'm going to be very surprised if it opens next week. I'd be very happy, for sure it would be the high point of my trip to ride it. Its the last great OmniMover in Epcot (not counting short JII or Nemo). Riding a new dark ride of this sort is always refreshing. I guess it means not everyone wants or needs thrills to be happy at WDW.

Ryan

Guests really do seem to miss it...makes me smile when I hear they do.:)

dizkid03

Spaceship Earth ---

Re-Opening Date: February 19, 2008.

Music By: Composer Bruce Broughton

Notes On the Music: aside from the standard orchestral instruments and choir, a duduk, a krumhorn, a lute, two recorders, panpipes, harpsichord, harmonium, Irish harps and a tambour were used for the new score to this attractions updated refurbishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom