Spaceship Earth - good possibility of December previews

XSTech

Sorry for the lack of specifics on where the information came from. I was simply trying to emphasize the fact that it is a definite new scene.

MAGICFLOP

I am hoping for a soft opening the week of the 9th. We (my wife and our 6 kids) are leaving one week from today!!! We are not telling the kids until we get to the airport. Getting them out of school early to make our flight. We have concocted a story about having to rush to my mothers house to help her. I never realized how hard it was not to spill the beans and ruin the suprise....Any way I hope we can ride SSE while we are there.

Too Funny,
We always wake the kids up in the morning when we go to WDW and say that we are going now!! Never do they get advanced warning...

Also next friday we are leaving for WDW....

Was our trip to WDW your idea or my idea ? :lol:

Expo_Seeker40

This is interesting!

The original 3 computer scenes were....

1982-1994

A boy in his room with an early personal computer.

A woman in her office with a computer doing a graphic program

A network operations center using instant communication

In 1994 all three of these scenes were replaced with the boy and girl using the internet scene.

Now they are going back to three scenes again.

Somewhere months ago it was said that the first scene...right after the family watching all the televisions in the 50s and 60s...would be scientists or a scientist working on a master computer reel-to-reel system.

If that's true than that would make sense, followed by the steve jobes PC prototype scene, and then a modern day scene most likely late 20th century of an instant communication network system.

Just my thoughts of course. :p

XSTech

You're right. The new Jobs scene is either close to or replacing the former scene featuring the boy and girl using the internet. It's near the communication tunnel.

rdour@techminds

Oh no, Steve's invading! I wonder if he's going to be wearing his famous jeans and sweatshirt. Hmmmm, though this makes sense, as him and Waz really did start the PC revolution. Now they need a scene depicting Bill Gates buying DOS from that unsuspecting PC enthusiast and then around the corner show his evil laugh while the same person slaves away at a regular job.

Ryan

EpcotServo

Sorry for the lack of specifics on where the information came from. I was simply trying to emphasize the fact that it is a definite new scene.
I wasn't leaning towards the actual rumor (I believe it in fact.) I was just commenting on the fact that "Confirmed" has gotten pretty far streched.

tirian

Clarification to earlier questions:

The ride will be open for soft previews in December; the entire pavilion will be completed by February (if not earlier).

:wave:

XSTech

I wasn't leaning towards the actual rumor (I believe it in fact.) I was just commenting on the fact that "Confirmed" has gotten pretty far streched.

Very true. I rarely use it... but figured it was appropriate in this situation since I know it to be true! ;)

Vernonpush

Clarification to earlier questions:

The ride will be open for soft previews in December; the entire pavilion will be completed by February (if not earlier).

:wave:
Any possibilities of a soft preview before the 15th that was stated before?

dizkid03

Just Got A Reply From Broughton:

There's about twenty or more minutes of music for the ride.

It's all original.

Nothing remains from the old version.

It's a series of different pieces taking the rider from one place to another and includes music as the guests wait.

But the effect on the ride itself is often like one long piece.

aladdin2007

Very interesting on the music, as much as the old was just fine with me and I loved it, I am looking forward to hearing what he has created, the fact that he stated something like it had to be "majestic" in the last article that was released made me feel much more at ease about it.

EPCOT.nut

Just Got A Reply From Broughton:

There's about twenty or more minutes of music for the ride.

It's all original.

Nothing remains from the old version.

It's a series of different pieces taking the rider from one place to another and includes music as the guests wait.

But the effect on the ride itself is often like one long piece.

Is this another haiku?

:lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
It's December.

I'm waiting.

Yeah I'm there with ya... I was at Epcot today standing in front of SSE tapping my watch, but nothing happened.

I wanted to poke the CM out front with a stick and yell at him for it not being open (and then tell him I was only kidding) but my daughter wouldn't let me :rolleyes:

JonnyK

I'll be at the world the week of dec 9th thru 14th, so lets see if ill be lucky to try out the previews.

Any Possibilities?

DisneyWales

Yey

Well were there from the 8th thru 22nd, so I'm sure if there is previews they will no doubt happen at some point at my trip, but as is always the case with my luck they will be at times when were not in EPCOT.

Its happened so many times, previews are happening and we never seem to catch them.

But i would love to catch a preview of this as i love Spaceship Earth, and our next trip isn't until May now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom