Spaceship Earth Descent.. Does anyone find it boring now?

Oddysey

I prefer the old descent. The video could be utilized in the post show area as a stationary attraction just as effectively as it is in moving vehicle. While I am on a ride I would prefer show pieces and sets.

Oddysey

Anyone interested in the history of this attraction and who also wants to see the original ride should watch this excellent presentation from our very own Martin, great stuff :cool:

I find it strange that they were never able to get the paper boy's voice correct until he was facing the wall and it did not matter as much anymore. The 82 voice sounds way to young. The 94 voice sounds way to old. The current voice seems just right.

imagineer boy

And I know I'll also take heat for this, but I was never a fan of Tomorrow's Child.

I'm not gonna lie, I never was either. lol I really think the 94 Jeremy Irons version remains the best version in both music and narration. For the refurb they could've changed the narration but they really should've kept the music. The music was just too perfect. The current music isn't bad, but it's rather forgettable.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I prefer the old descent. The video could be utilized in the post show area as a stationary attraction just as effectively as it is in moving vehicle. While I am on a ride I would prefer show pieces and sets.
Indeed. It worked in California in Innoventions.

aladdin2007

It seems like they were doing the refurb and just ran out of time or money before they ran out of ride track.

thats part of it for sure
And also this one :)

wow, I remember some of the Cronkite version but vaguely. The tomorrows child scenes with the panels and images etc, remind me of the black panels that are in there today not being used. Im guessing they had planned to do something similair like that version, but there they hang in no working order. Would it really cost that much to implement something and use them? We know TDO wont do a thing, it would take Siemens to cough up more money. Guess its going to take another sponsor before we see any changes ever again. Though after seeing the little upgrades last week in other scenes, I got a bit of rekindled hope.

pumpkin7

The first time was hilarious! The second time was quite funny.
After that, I had more fun trying to figure out what they were hiding behind the black curtains and seeing if I could pick out any old set pieces or interesting things to share on here. And starting and the dirty floor and tracks, that was interesting too. Lol.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Does anyone else find the current descent of SSE just so plain now?

Nope. :)

Screen%2BShot%2B2014-09-07%2Bat%2B6.09.26%2BPM.png

pumpkin7

I hate watching these videos (not that they aren't brilliant. I love the fact that Martin has documented everything so wonderfully well!). It just makes me think, why the heck would they take away all the wondrous set pieces and animatronics and awesome things to look at, the make you stare at a computer screen?! Put them back Disney, put them back right now!

AllyInWonderland

I'm glad somebody brought up this topic, because the other night I was on YouTube wanting to watch some vintage Epcot videos, so I went to Martin's channel and watched the video with the 180 top. Then I kept watching videos of the old descents, getting upset with Disney for ruining it, and obsessing over the music like Tomorrow's Child and the descent soundtrack from the Irons version that goes da da-da da daaaaaaaaa! :inlove:

Imagine how awesome it would be if we could get the Irons version descent with Tomorrow's Child still playing at the exit! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom