SpaceShip Earth closing?

Sir Hiss527

Original Poster
I've heard about this new "Time Racers" or something like that. Anyways why in the world are they gonna close down Spaceship Earth in 2005? This was Walt's Vision for the future. They just need to keep it alone, but give it a few refurbishments. What do you think about this matter. Should they close down SE, or build this "Time Racers". Thanks! And Post :)

-Sir Hiss-:king:

"Stop Hissing in my ear"

-Prince John-

peterpan06

Account Suspended
dude you are crazy only morons talk about spaceship earth closing besides you don't even like the ride
:drevil: :brick: :hammer:

darthdarrel

Originally posted by peterpan06
dude you are crazy only morons talk about spaceship earth closing besides you don't even like the ride
Umm How do you know he hates SE and don`t call anyone Morons it`s against this websites policy! You had better check the websites rules.

peterpan06

Account Suspended
to sir hiss

here are some things from the movie: stop hissing in my ear, fortune cookies lucky charms, were not stealing the mony were just kinda barowing it, go dad, we steal from the rich to give to the poor, hold your serman preacher it ain't sunday you know, mommy! I got a dirty thumb. spiders snakes and lizzards tails,if tell any one i'll die untill im dead.:sohappy: :king: :wave: :brick:

darthdarrel

Re: to sir hiss

here are some things from the movie: stop hissing in my ear, fortune cookies lucky charms, were not stealing the mony were just kinda barowing it, go dad, we steal from the rich to give to the poor, hold your serman preacher it ain't sunday you know, mommy! I got a dirty thumb. spiders snakes and lizzards tails,if tell any one i'll die untill im dead.:sohappy: :king: :wave: :brick:
HUH?:confused: :veryconfu

Erika

Dude, that's not very nice.

JLW11Hi

Just for the record, I wouldn't call Spaceship Earth "Walt's Vision" of the future. Walt had an entirely different idea in mind. Spaceship Earth was the 1970's-1980's Imagineers idea of the future (anyone have any specific names? It would be nice to know).

I feel that with the changing times, it would be a good idea to change Spaceship earth. I am sure those Imagineers expected SE to change sooner or later, as the vision of the future always changes. If it always stays the same, it kinda diminishes the point of Epcot. And if this new ride is installed, it, too, will more than likely be replaced in the far future when its time comes. That's just the way "Future" World works

darthdarrel

Originally posted by JLW11Hi
Just for the record, I wouldn't call Spaceship Earth "Walt's Vision" of the future. Walt had an entirely different idea in mind. Spaceship Earth was the 1970's-1980's Imagineers idea of the future (anyone have any specific names? It would be nice to know).

I feel that with the changing times, it would be a good idea to change Spaceship earth. I am sure those Imagineers expected SE to change sooner or later, as the vision of the future always changes. If it always stays the same, it kinda diminishes the point of Epcot. And if this new ride is installed, it, too, will more than likely be replaced in the far future when its time comes. That's just the way "Future" World works
I beg to differ with you,but have you seen Walts original plan for epcot? Spaceship earth is definately in it,I do however think that they should rehab it from time to time. But don`t gut it.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by darthdarrel
I beg to differ with you,but have you seen Walts original plan for epcot? Spaceship earth is definately in it,I do however think that they should rehab it from time to time. But don`t gut it.

Hmm...I'm not sure if that is so. I am pretty sure Walt's vision of Epcot didn't include a Spaceship Earth ride, as it wasnt supposed to be a theme park in the first place, it was supposed to be a city with a tall skyscraper in the center, but if you have any knowledge of the contrary, it would be nice to know

meanmice

Hmm...I'm not sure if that is so. I am pretty sure Walt's vision of Epcot didn't include a Spaceship Earth ride, as it wasnt supposed to be a theme park in the first place, it was supposed to be a city with a tall skyscraper in the center, but if you have any knowledge of the contrary, it would be nice to know

I agree. From what I know, Epcot was an experimental comunity and not a park. Why would they have a spaceship earth in a community?

bamboo7

SE: A visionof the future?

I never thought spaceship earth was a vision of the future. yes, at the end they go into possabilities of future communication, but the vast majority of the ride is about the history of communication.

darthdarrel

In the drawings Walt had a building that looked like Space ship earth,infact that is where they got the idea for the ride,I don`t know if a ride is what he had intended,but the structure was definately there.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Originally posted by darthdarrel
In the drawings Walt had a building that looked like Space ship earth,infact that is where they got the idea for the ride,I don`t know if a ride is what he had intended,but the structure was definately there.

I think its just getting a new name and different content .Technology has passed this ride on. So imagineer's can raise the bar a little higher, J

madape89

You can't close Spaceship Earth, that would be almost like closing Pirates of the Carribbean or Space Mountain. If they decide to change the ride, I could understand, since Future World should always be changing and updating to reflect the advance of technology, but you can't just close an attraction that from the beginning has stood as the symbol of the park from the beginning.

I have always loved EPCOT because it is not like any other amusement park or place I have ever been to. Where else can you see the wonders of life and technology presented in an entertaining and educational way for almost all ages, and also experience authentic architecture, culture, and cuisine of several exotic nations? I am all for EPCOT changing with the times, but hope it will never lose its spirit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom