Spaceship Earth - Civil War Scene?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
This is on a few different sites around the net, an apparent casting call for SSE...

----------
[FONT=Trebuchet MS, tahoma, arial, helvetica] Wednesday, Jul. 11, 2007, 10:30 AM Pacific
SPACESHIP EARTH
NON-UNION
Theme park attraction for Walt Disney World Epcot.

Casting Director: Brian Nefsky
Interview Date: July 13
Start Date: o/a 8/31/2007
Pay Rate: $700 + 10% agency fee

[VOICE-OVER] This is VOICE-OVER AUDITION. 10 year old male to play voice of Newsboy for Civil War sequence.
[/FONT]

-----------

Expo_Seeker40

OK Civil War was not at the dawn of the 20th century but, so be it.

WHY SPEND THE MONEY TO HIRE A VOICE, WHEN YOU CAN JUST USE THE ORIGINAL 1982 RECORDING THATS FILED AWAY ON A MASTER TAPE FOR FREE?!

"extra, extra new york daily!"

donaldfan

Could it just be the newsboy in the moving type printing press scene? I don't see why they would cover the Civil War in SSE -- but who knows?

Thanks for posting this info! :wave:

the-reason14

I wonder if that lil kid will say Extra Extra New York Daily again :king:

I guess Im to young, because I never remember him saying that. I speculate that was before the rehab in 1994. But what I do know is the boy that they had his voice for was to old and mature for his little body, it was just weird.

T-1MILLION

original

The original newsboy was one of my most common memories of SSE. When I went back after 96...I heard the voice of a cigar smoking Chicago Cab Driver.

The original did sound like a young boy...as long as they are trying.

Enigma

Account Suspended
I always thought the reason they got rid of the "extra extra new york daily line" is because it insinuated child labor because the kid was supposed to be like 9 years old.

The current version is absoluetly retarded however its like a sterotypical ADULT newspersons voice coming out of a little kid.

The Civil War thing confuses me. Could be interesting because I don't recall any of the epcot "time travel" rides (horizons, wom, sse) ever covering that. American Adventure did but not the others.

tn1999

OK Civil War was not at the dawn of the 20th century but, so be it.

WHY SPEND THE MONEY TO HIRE A VOICE, WHEN YOU CAN JUST USE THE ORIGINAL 1982 RECORDING THATS FILED AWAY ON A MASTER TAPE FOR FREE?!

"extra, extra new york daily!"

Im thinking they want all digital recordings now. that way they will have it really secure for the next 25 years

BoyXE

I agree. Why would Disney waste money on something like this?? Just get a cast member's kid for god sakes!

Because Disney World is a union-represented workplace. You have to pay your talent. And 700 dollars to have someone's voice heard by literally millions over many years is actually quite the bargain (especially when the attraction is in also represents Siemens, a company who stands to gain monetarily from a good attraction). Have a look and see what commercial actors get paid every time their ads run on the air and it would make your head spin, but remember it's because of these people that the corprorations' advertising is successful or not. Just "getting a cast member's kid" would wind up with a voice even worse than what we had before...and would be against union contracts anyway.

DisneyCane

Im thinking they want all digital recordings now. that way they will have it really secure for the next 25 years

Why wouldn't they just digitize the old recordings?

Digital recordings don't mean they last forever either, they still need to be maintained and copied ever so often.

MRLUCKIE13

Re:

I Dunno About All Of That All I Know Is That I Hear There Will Be A New Dawn Of Man Scene Utilizing New 3d Technology. Also Using This In The Rome Scene...

sknydave

I always thought the reason they got rid of the "extra extra new york daily line" is because it insinuated child labor because the kid was supposed to be like 9 years old.

The current version is absoluetly retarded however its like a sterotypical ADULT newspersons voice coming out of a little kid.

The Civil War thing confuses me. Could be interesting because I don't recall any of the epcot "time travel" rides (horizons, wom, sse) ever covering that. American Adventure did but not the others.

I don't see the problem.. Child labor was widespread back then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom