Spaceship Earth - Civil War Scene?

hrcollectibles

Can't they just add this as a prize for the year of a million dreams....:lookaroun

Hello Family of 4 with a young boy.. You have just won.... A voice over for one of our attractions.... No not the entire family just your son...

WDWFigment

Can't they just add this as a prize for the year of a million dreams....:lookaroun

Hello Family of 4 with a young boy.. You have just won.... A voice over for one of our attractions.... No not the entire family just your son...

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
animal-smiley-040.gif

(If you are trying to figure out what the dancing pink elephant symbolizes, don't bother, it doesn't symbolize anything; it's just part of my new goal of using odd emoticons in posts)

josh_e_washie

That's strange...

A couple of months ago I got a (really cool) tour of the animatronic costume shop (located inside the MK costuming building behind the park). We got to see repairs of animatronic costumes and skins they were working on as well as flip through original WDI reference binders of each and every animatronic at WDW. Quite cool.

Anyways, we also got to see an entire stack of renderings for new costumes for the SE update. They were the originals from the Costume Designer, whom I was told currently designs for movies (I can't remember her name). The costume shop manager (who was giving the class/tour) told us that she - as well as the entire production team - are going for a much more 'dramatic, hollywood-style look and feel to each scene, much more dramatic lighting and scenic work, as well as hollywood-epic style costumes'. She then showed us some really interesting renderings for the Egyptian monarchs as well as players in the Renaissance scene and the newsboy.

The thing is...the newsboy looked very similar to how he looks now. She told us they were going to 'beef up' his movement, but mentioned nothing about the Civil War...hmmm!!!

Just thought I'd throw in my two cents...from the inside! ;-)

lilmizpixie3

I have a home video of the little boy when he was like screaming "Extra, Extra read all about it!" and now he sounds like he went through puberty :ROFLOL:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
That's strange...

A couple of months ago I got a (really cool) tour of the animatronic costume shop (located inside the MK costuming building behind the park). We got to see repairs of animatronic costumes and skins they were working on as well as flip through original WDI reference binders of each and every animatronic at WDW. Quite cool.

Anyways, we also got to see an entire stack of renderings for new costumes for the SE update. They were the originals from the Costume Designer, whom I was told currently designs for movies (I can't remember her name). The costume shop manager (who was giving the class/tour) told us that she - as well as the entire production team - are going for a much more 'dramatic, hollywood-style look and feel to each scene, much more dramatic lighting and scenic work, as well as hollywood-epic style costumes'. She then showed us some really interesting renderings for the Egyptian monarchs as well as players in the Renaissance scene and the newsboy.

The thing is...the newsboy looked very similar to how he looks now. She told us they were going to 'beef up' his movement, but mentioned nothing about the Civil War...hmmm!!!

Sounds cool. My hope is that the Egyptians get more accurate clothing. The toga-esque outfits just aren't right.

josh_e_washie

She mentioned they (the Egyptians) are going to switch places, and I distinctly remember a very LARGE headdress on her. It was quite striking. :-D

cupanudles

That's strange...

WOW!! Great stuff, any more infromation that you could share about Spaceship Earth with us would be greatly appreciated!

The Mom

Premium Member
Everyone does realize that the Civil War reference in the title is a joke? Non- union just means that the person who does the recording isn't necessarily going to be paid "union" (as in trade union) wages, nor does he or she have to be a union member.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I didn't mean it as a joke.. I'm refering to the part of the audition that describes the part:

"10 year old male to play voice of Newsboy for Civil War sequence."

Shaman

Interesting stuff...any chance the concept of the ride is changing...not so much about communication anymore....but a general tour of the progression of technology through history?

The Mom

Premium Member
Oops, I stand corrected.

But I still think that the first line (non-union) is about trade unions and relates to hiring, not the scene itself. (ie Union vs Confederate in the Civil War)

I also thought that the newspaper scene was from a more recent era than the Civil War, but on further reflection it might have been earlier. I guess I never thought about it too much. :lol:

Edited to add:

I'm so used to new technology becoming fairly widespread in a relatively short period of time that I forget that it used to take decades for new technology (such as the steam powered printing press in the scene) to filter down to all areas. So the residents living in a major city, such as New York, during the mid to late 1800s would have a more "modern" lifestyle (in our eyes) that those in smaller cities wouldn't see until the turn of the turn of the century.

Newspaper sales continued to be dominated by "children" well into the 1950s and early 60s; all of my brothers were delivery boys (with the big canvas shoulder bags) and walked a paper route. Now I have a nice lady in a truck who tosses it on my lawn.

aladdin2007

I realize this is a tad off topic from the newspaper boy etc, but anyone know if the stars/planetarium scene when you reach the top is staying before you rotate backwords for your return to earth? Or is that going to be changed too?

KevinPage

Call me slow or out of the loop, but I was unaware of the major changes to the first half of the ride. I figured they would "spruce up" all the AA scenes, but didn't imagine they would updated the AA's, have more movement, etc.

Sounds like this is going to be one awesome refurb in a "proper way".

:D :D :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom