Spaceship Earth changing?

BBF83

Original Poster
New visitor to this site. Just read an update on the front page saying Spaceship Earth could possibly go through a "rehab"? Anybody got any details? I agree SE is probably outdated, but I'd hate to see any major changes to that ride. Thats always been one of my favorite attractions at DW since I was a kid.

jaimjaim25

this was posted before.. If there are any changes it probably wont be for a while.. BUT if it does change, I WILL BE VERY UPSET!!!

no2apprentice

Welcome to WDWMagic, BBF83. Right now rumors point to SE changing to an attraction called Time Racers, which rumors indicate will be some type of a...ride! But what type? Coaster? Fast moving track guided cars? Will it go in and out of the existing structure? Will Disney change the SE structure completely? There have been many threads with very...uh..."passionate" debates on SE changing, and how it will change (if it changes). We'll have to wait and see.

jaimjaim25

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
ME TOO....it needs to be updated but NOT Changed

For me its very personal.. I worked for AT&T for 5 years and since they sponsered it, it's been something that I will never forget (since i dont work for AT&T anymore :( ) And it's so nice and calming and you can actually learn something on the ride.. I hope they dont change it into something stupid! I HOPE THEY JUST DONT CHANGE IT!

Epcot is my fav

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
For me its very personal.. I worked for AT&T for 5 years and since they sponsered it, it's been something that I will never forget (since i dont work for AT&T anymore :( ) And it's so nice and calming and you can actually learn something on the ride.. I hope they dont change it into something stupid! I HOPE THEY JUST DONT CHANGE IT!

They want to change it to Time Racers..i think thats a HUGE mistake

jaimjaim25

They want to change it to Time Racers..i think thats a HUGE mistake

Since Spaceship Earth is the ICON of Epcot, they should at least AT LEAST leave that one alone!! :cry:

Epcot is my fav

Since Spaceship Earth is the ICON of Epcot, they should at least AT LEAST leave that one alone!! :cry:

thats my point exactly...people on this board think im crazy because i dont want it to change to Time Racers

jaimjaim25

thats my point exactly...people on this board think im crazy because i dont want it to change to Time Racers

If they want to make a Time Racers.. then FINE.. make it somewhere else in an unused space in the park!!!

BBF83

Original Poster
Whatever they plan to do, I hope Disney realizes they'll be alienating a lot of loyal repeat visitors if they make any significant change to SE.

Scooter

Before we all get too upset and excited lets find out what "Time Racers" is going to be.

:animwink:

Perhaps it won't change that much but Disney wants to get away from the ATT theme and change it to something more updated depending on who sponsers the ride.

I personally don't think that Disney would totally gut out and drastically change the most Popular ride in Disney World. :hammer:

Like everything else new at Disney World...we won't find out until the last moment..and according to what I've been reading here, that won't be for another 2 or 3 years so Lets all get out our video cameras and film the ride NOW for our future enjoyment. :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
If we're going to have this discussion all over in a new thread once a week we'll all go nuts before the ride even begins construction.

How about we wait and see?

Meanwhile....a simple search will probably divulge most details you're looking for. Look for anything on Project Gemini or Time Racers.

:)

Thespis

I think it would be very easy to update the existing attraction, retheme some things and call it Time Racers.
Let's not panic until something actually happens.

splash mountian

i think that spaceship earth should be left alone, i'm not getting scared yet, but if they do decide to turn it into time racers or whatever, they are making a huge mistake. it's just like take mister toad away from us for winnie the pooh.
leave se alone:zipit:

SpongeScott

be careful how you generalize the "people" on this board. Not everyone is in agreement of Time Racers going in or SE going out. Let opinions be opinions and nothing else. We'll never be in total agreement on things here, so don't let it get to you personally. So, that being said, let's hope SE is around for a long time.

Michael72688

sorry guys, but the ride is like 20 years old and its really annoying when your going around and you hear all those noices, it sounds like the track is falling apart, I personally dont really like the ride and really like the idea of Time racers, but if they decide to keep that ride they should atleast do a major rehab it really needs it!

tomman710

I was in DW in December and I talked with a CM there. He was talkative and let it out that in 2005 or 2006 is when the changes will take place if changes are supposed to happen. That's around the time they are going to have Epcot's 25th anniversary celebration. That being said ... this idea is simply insane. Walt Disney once said "I hope we never lose the things of the past." I think that notion is pretty much gone if they continue to take out beloved attractions. I am not against new attractions, I mean, it's not like they don't have the land to build new facilities for these new rides, just not at the cost of losing the cherished rides that Walt himself had somewhat of a hand in.

Bring back Mr. Toad!

Out.

gjpjtj

If they want to make a Time Racers.. then FINE.. make it somewhere else in an unused space in the park!!!

Absolutely!! I would love to see Disney expand and add more attractions to the parks, however, not by replacing a classic.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom