Spaceship Earth changing?

Justin

I am going to like the new Project Gemini, Cant wait till it happens but i will also miss the old Epcot VERY MUCH, the changes on Spaceship earth will probably be something unique. I can see a simulated dark ride up that or something, probably like a spiderman ride?

BBF83

Original Poster
Sorry people. Didn't mean to open a can of worms. Seems this has been a regular topic of conversation for quite some time. I just have a lot of fond childhood memories of Spaceship Earth. Epcot was always the first park my family and I would visit after we checked in to our resort and SE was always the first ride we jumped in line for. It became sort of a tradition for us. I'm sure that's the same case for many other families. I understand Disney wants to keep pace with the changing world around us, but I think they'll be making a huge mistake if they make significant changes to rides like SE that made and continue to make big impressions on a lot of folks.

Just my .02

goofyfan13

Welcome to the boards BBF83! tomman710, I did notice in your post that you said a CM told you about the changes in the ride. You'll probobly hear this a couple more times and it is very true, never listen to CM's, they like to pull peoples legs alot. They get a kick out of it or something. Before we all blow up about Time Racers going in lets look at what this is. a RUMOR. We don't even know for sure if it is going in yet and until Disney formally announces that they will be building Time Racers, I am not goin to worry about it. SE is a great ride but it does need a rehab of some sort. It is in pretty bad shape and never has a line anymore except on really busy days.

bhg469

Originally posted by Epcot is my fav
ME TOO....it needs to be updated but NOT Changed

i agree, recently there was an episode of the simpsons in EPCOT and they were on a ride that was basically spaceship earth. they said it was what people in the 70's though life would be like in 1998. thats how the ride seems now. if it were to change i would totally miss those cavemen!!! the hirstorical part of that ride is great. they only need to make minor changes to the end and it would be great again.

TinkerBell9988

They do NOT need to change Spaceship Earth into Time Racers. PERIOD.

It is a Classic, an Icon, a Memory, a Great Thing that cannot be changed. I'm a Disney Conservative, can't ya tell?

Oh, yea....

Time Racers is planned to be a rollercoaster traveling through time... thats the rumor I've heard.

SpongeScott

Originally posted by Michael72688
Why not? I know it's too much fun, and it aint educational, cant have that now can we
A Spiderman ride would go against everything that EPCOT stands for. I'm not against the ride, but it wouldn't even come close to fitting in to what the park stands for or tries to promote. I also don't think you'd find it in any Disney park since it's found at a neighboring place of fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom