Spaceship Earth Burning Rome Scene

TyrantBoss

Rome Chariot Projection

I guess I could be wrong, but I have very little memory of the Irons version and I'm pretty sure that horse and chariot projection was around after the refurb.

The Chariot riding down the street is still there. Sometimes you see it sometimes you don't. I will be back down in March and will report back on it then.

wdwfan22

I was there in October and the smell was pretty strong....

Everyone's nose is different, but I can tell you I visit at least once every month and the effect hasn't worked as intended for a good 6 to 8 months. I log it with the charriot scene ... gone for good.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Didn't there used to be a projection on a horse and carriage coming out from the right and running down the street in the scene before Rome burned..?

They took the projection out with the last refurb.

The smell is a hickory smoke smell, which I think you can buy in the form of Liquid smoke, which might be what they use to make the smell.. i dont know

jlg263

Didn't there used to be a projection on a horse and carriage coming out from the right and running down the street in the scene before Rome burned..?

The scene was DEFINITELY there after the refurb in 2007/2008 because I saw it when I rode during soft openings and for a short while after that. However, I haven't seen it in years at this point. I always look for it though and can still hear the horse :( I feel like that should be an easy thing to fix...but what do I know?

WDW Monorail

The scene was DEFINITELY there after the refurb in 2007/2008 because I saw it when I rode during soft openings and for a short while after that. However, I haven't seen it in years at this point. I always look for it though and can still hear the horse :( I feel like that should be an easy thing to fix...but what do I know?

There isn't much to fix since the projection has been completely removed.

MissMorrow

I noticed at Christmas it seemed less intense, but I assumed they just toned it down. I like the smell, but most people I know don't, so maybe this was intentional?

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I just don't understand why the would remove it. It looked good!

I was always a fan of the effect, however if I was riding for the first time I'd probably be too focused on that to even be paying attention to what else is happening, especially since it was a ghost looking horse and chariot.

TheBeatles

can anyone comment on what is going on with the library scene with the arab and jewish scholars? the first scene to the right has its background covered up.

am i imagining this?

Clamman73

I noticed at Christmas it seemed less intense, but I assumed they just toned it down. I like the smell, but most people I know don't, so maybe this was intentional?

It could be however "the smell" wasn't refreshed lately at the time (however they produce it :shrug:) Well it seems that after 30 yrs there would someone who could clue us into how the "burning smell" is actually produced...:wave:

happymom52003

I also love the smell for some reason:shrug:, and always look forward to it....and I am 100% certain we could not smell it on our last trip, which was the week after this past Thanksgiving. I noticed right away that it was missing.

worldfanatic

I was always a fan of the effect, however if I was riding for the first time I'd probably be too focused on that to even be paying attention to what else is happening, especially since it was a ghost looking horse and chariot.

That's probably exactly why they got rid of it.
I thought the projection was cool, but always kind of wondered why a ghostly rider was in the scene. Seemed kind of random.

The "smell" effect was definitely not working on my 2 Spaceship Earth rides last month. Bummer!

muteki

Seems like a good time to ask, but in the Phoenicians scene with the two boats, did the boats ever used to move up and down like they were floating? or have they always been static? May just be my memory playing tricks on me.

Definitely miss the chariot projection though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom