Spaceship Earth area landscaping update photos 20 Sep

Horizons1

Are those signs really new or did they just cover up the red screens?

Looks great though. I'm really surprised by everything they're doing. I didn't expect landscaping to go this far but good job to them. It really does feel like the '94 Epcot again.

The landscaping at Epcot is always amazing....this area need a little work..and it looks great....Oh and is the original Epcot logo in the brickwork/cement on the walkway between the tips of the two Innoventions and the monorail been there since the park opened? I notice it when we were there last feb, and just never looked down before.

SirNim

The landscaping at Epcot is always amazing....this area need a little work..and it looks great....Oh and is the original Epcot logo in the brickwork/cement on the walkway at the tip of the two Innoventions sides and the monorail been there since the park opened? I notice it when we were there last feb, and just never looked down before.
No, there actually used to be a circular planter with a flagpole there. In the 1994 Innoventions Plaza transformation, the planter was ripped out and the old circular logo was paved in its place, interestingly at the very same time that this logo was being phased out of park promotional materials, merchandise, etc. Despite all evidence to the contrary, it is NOT original to the park circa 1982.

Theres plenty of retro EPCOT on youtube..I just watched the opening ceremonies....Im glad they dont make everything like it was in 1982...I could go without the 1980 era dancers making a comeback.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom