Spaceship Earth Anamatronics

pjammer

Original Poster
If you haven't heard, many of the anamatronics in Spaceship Earth are actually presidents from the Hall of Presidents or AAs from AA (American Adventure). Here is a full list of all the presidents and non-presidents in Spaceship Earth.

Shaman in Caveman Scene - Chief Joe (AA)
Egyptian Priest - Teddy Roosevelt
Phoenician Sea Captain - Store Owner (AA)
Roman Centurion - Zachary Taylor
Roman Senator - Teddy Roosevelt
Front Right Turk in Islamic Scene - John Tyler
Sitting Scholor across from the Islamic Scene - Franklin Pierce
Writing Monk - John Adams
Printer Pulling Tray - Andrew Jackson
Gutenberg - James Buchanan
Printer Pressing - Andrew Carnegie (AA)
Lute Player in Reinessance Scene - Ike (Dwight Eisenhower)
Sculptor - U.S. Grant
Steam Press Operator - Banjo player (AA)
Telegraph Operator - Matthew Brady (AA)
Telegraph Reporter - Store Owner (AA)
Sound Engineer for the radio - Matthew Brady (AA)

Take a close look next time your on Spaceship Earth and you will start to see the resemblance.

General Grizz

pjammer said:
If you haven't heard, many of the anamatronics in Spaceship Earth are actually presidents from the Hall of Presidents or AAs from AA (American Adventure). Here is a full list of all the presidents and non-presidents in Spaceship Earth.

Shaman in Caveman Scene - Chief Joe (AA)
Egyptian Priest - Teddy Roosevelt
Phoenician Sea Captain - Store Owner (AA)
Roman Centurion - Zachary Taylor
Roman Senator - Teddy Roosevelt
Front Right Turk in Islamic Scene - John Tyler
Sitting Scholor across from the Islamic Scene - Franklin Pierce
Writing Monk - John Adams
Printer Pulling Tray - Andrew Jackson
Gutenberg - James Buchanan
Printer Pressing - Andrew Carnegie (AA)
Lute Player in Reinessance Scene - Ike (Dwight Eisenhower)
Sculptor - U.S. Grant
Steam Press Operator - Banjo player (AA)
Telegraph Operator - Matthew Brady (AA)
Telegraph Reporter - Store Owner (AA)
Sound Engineer for the radio - Matthew Brady (AA)

Take a close look next time your on Spaceship Earth and you will start to see the resemblance.

Wow. . . I only knew of a few of these (2), but whoa! The one that surprises me the most is the Steam Press Operator - - I have never noticed the connection. . .

So far, one of the best secret threads here if not the best! :sohappy:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Perhaps they were just cast from the same molds (a not irregular practice) - although for example the Banjo player and printing press AA`s are very similar! Not all the AA`s were swapped in American Adventures `93 rehab. Most were, but not all.

pjammer

Original Poster
marni1971 said:
Perhaps they were just cast from the same molds (a not irregular practice)

Yeah, they are cast from the same mold. Then with a few makeup changes or new wigs some can be made to look like totally new people. But the similarities are still their.

DarkMeasures

Stuff like this is usually done at Disney to save money. I know at one point, WRE was going to used recycled molds from another AA attraction.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ogryn said:
Isn't Dreamfinder the mayor in Phantom Manor?

Is he?? I`ll dig out my DV tape tomorrow! Interesting. Oh - BTW - nice to see someone else on this side of the pond!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Isn`t it great - when you step back and think - we all kind of know eachother, recognise eachothers screen names, yet we are all over the world and most of us have never met. I`ve made some really good friends via the web with the common Disney interest.

ogryn

pm_mayor.jpg

jdfspark.jpg

Not the best comparison, but the mold is the same!

(Hi, Marni :wave: :D You got all your tributes on DVD yet? )

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
ogryn said:
pm_mayor.jpg

jdfspark.jpg

Not the best comparison, but the mold is the same!

(Hi, Marni :wave: :D You got all your tributes on DVD yet? )

Hi Ogryn! Its looking like at least 6 DVDs for anyone to burn them as video files. Probably the same ammount on CDR as WMV files. Finished another 5 last week, 4 more planned when I get the time. I`m getting a definate list together detailing all I have done - 19 upto now.

ogryn

Well, when you are done with the DVD's I would be willing to buy them! :wave:

*Thinks about nice collectors packaging!*

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
:lol: They were never meant to be for sale!

Grab them at Disney Central, or wait a few weeks - Steve here at WDWMagic WILL be getting them all (320x240 res) for this site. Its nice to know they are in demand though... :animwink:

brkgnews

On backstage magic, we got to see one of the AAs backstage at American Adventure. It was just the flesh head (no hair), and it was an absolute dead ringer for Eisenhower. Our guide said it was the Mark Twain AA. Perhaps they used the same mold for both of those?

isnet396

pjammer....seems like you're really into the whole SE thing...do you have any more pics of the console area/DCM, or some insight about it? SE is one of the few (if not the only) attraction that still relies on the old-school DCM system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom