Space Mt referb overhyped?

DisneyLeo18

There is definitely a lot of hype.. but I think some is warranted.

We all knew the whole time nothing extensive would be done. However we did get a lot of aesthetic changes along with the smoothing out of some of the track or maybe replacing some parts (I'm obviously not sure on this but we have read many different things over the last few months).

They got rid of the god awful orange (in my opinion) and replaced it with lime green, which seems to be joining blue as the main color in tomorrowland. New signs, demo of the skyway, planter (although 2 hours into it some people made up their minds), and what appears to be an improved queue (1000x in my eyes).

So SM may not be on the level of DL, I'm not sure never been there. But I can understand why people are happy over the improvements we do have. Have you seen the news & rumors page lately? not much going on.. might as well discuss what we do have.

Please note: I wish more was done with the refurb but am glad it will be open again to ride shortly:D

harveyt0206

Space Mountain = good, no matter what form it takes. The only time Space Mountain =bad is when it is closed. I am so excited to ride it again when I go in March. It was closed during my September trip and I really missed it. So, bring on the new SM.

jmicro59

It's probably located in the 22 SM threads since the announced refurb with their average of 31 pages, or the 61 individual pics of the que, the outside, the inside, the ladder, the work crews, the black tar, the scrap leaving or coming and of course the constant bickering of what was going to be done or not done or should be done and track replacement or no track replacment. Maybe you are thinking of advertisment for the hype people are talking about here...... :shrug:

Atomicmickey

It's probably located in the 22 SM threads since the announced refurb with their average of 31 pages, or the 61 individual pics of the que, the outside, the inside, the ladder, the work crews, the black tar, the scrap leaving or coming and of course the constant bickering of what was going to be done or not done or should be done and track replacement or no track replacment. Maybe you are thinking of advertisment for the hype people are talking about here...... :shrug:

I am talking about hype that Disney is accountable for. That's hype.
The rest is all just people's imaginations. Doesn't count as hype.

HYPE:
–verb (used with object) 1. to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually fol. by up): She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car. 2. to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily: a promoter who knows how to hype a prizefight. 3. to intensify (advertising, promotion, or publicity) by ingenious or questionable claims, methods, etc. (usually fol. by up). 4. to trick; gull.
–noun 5. exaggerated publicity; hoopla. 6. an ingenious or questionable claim, method, etc., used in advertising, promotion, or publicity to intensify the effect. 7. a swindle, deception, or trick.

jmicro59

HYPE:
–verb (used with object) 1. to stimulate, excite, or agitate (usually fol. by up): She was hyped up at the thought of owning her own car. 2. to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods; promote or publicize showily: a promoter who knows how to hype a prizefight. 3. to intensify (advertising, promotion, or publicity) by ingenious or questionable claims, methods, etc. (usually fol. by up). 4. to trick; gull.
–noun 5. exaggerated publicity; hoopla. 6. an ingenious or questionable claim, method, etc., used in advertising, promotion, or publicity to intensify the effect. 7. a swindle, deception, or trick.

Ummmmm it's right there in your definition, to stimulate, excite, or agitate. Are you saying that all of the discussions happening on here were not hype in one of it's labeled forms???

Atomicmickey

Ummmmm it's right there in your definition, to stimulate, excite, or agitate. Are you saying that all of the discussions happening on here were not hype in one of it's labeled forms???

Nope.

What is happening here is discussion by uninformed and enthusiastic fans.

Hype needs to be generated by Disney itself.

That's the way I read the defiintion, anyway.

The point being that people's varying expectations were self-caused, not
as a result of any over the top marketing by Disney itself.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm dying to find out what those "could-have-beens" really are.
You will after the attraction reopens.

Yes, the Mountain will be better than it was. That`s a dead cert. It just won`t be nearly as good as it should have been, and was going to be until the budget was slashed.

EPCOT Explorer

If you consider Fanboyism human nature, then yep.
Oh, I do.:lookaroun

This is SSE All over again. When will the thread titled "When will Disney finish SM" start? It is what it is folks. Everyone complains when they ruin a great ride after a refurb, then everyone complains when they completely change a ride because it is old and outdated. How bout we all just be happy with the fact that in a tough economy, they are paying attention to as many rides as they can!
It's begun already!:wave: This is just a "prefurb".:rolleyes::lol:

Studios Fan

Nope.

What is happening here is discussion by uninformed and enthusiastic fans.

Hype needs to be generated by Disney itself.

That's the way I read the defiintion, anyway.

The point being that people's varying expectations were self-caused, not
as a result of any over the top marketing by Disney itself.

Exactly. One question though is whether the "could have been's" will be easier to put in later. Like for instance, would it cause this lengthy of a refab?

the-reason14

Space Mountain = good, no matter what form it takes. The only time Space Mountain =bad is when it is closed. I am so excited to ride it again when I go in March. It was closed during my September trip and I really missed it. So, bring on the new SM.

Amen to that, and I 100% agree. Way to say it like it is. :cool:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Im not going to praise a company for having a care and maintenance program that should be standard for any buisness, but nor will I knock it for what isnt there if the attraction entertains. If it is Ertha Kitt however then its only correct that all those issues are expressed.

JimboJones123

Original Poster

HYPE:

Flash- Dictionary dude dismisses definition delivered despite dramatic distribution. Defenatly dopey.

Yeah, I do not know what my post meant either.

Hype does non imply source generated. Nor did the OPs OP, which is me and mine.

sublim5450

I was on the backstage magic tour today and asked the CM what the opening was for Space Mt. She told me as far as she still knows Saturday November 21, 2009 is the opening and there is a good chance they will be doing the soft opening sometime next week. Hopefully Monday thru Wed because I leave on Thursday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom