Space MT. Audio

kcnole

I really hope our Space Mountain gets a similar refurb soon. From what I've heard the DL coaster still has the same feel as it always has, but it's just much much better now. I can't get into feeling like I'm in space because the effects are so so old now and the ride is so rough. It didn't used to be this way. This ride doesn't deserve to be in such crappy state as it is now. I don't want it turned into some extreme looping thrill coaster, but I'd love to see it get a major refurb, new effects, audio, better queue and post show.

cmatt

i say CHANGE IT! but im just a mere whipper snapper ;) build the speakers into the cars... get a nice (if no loops then fast) tracks in and for heaven sake make the cars more suitable!

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
Yes yes....big bass accoustics in a concrete box...didn't sound that great.

It's really loud when you start off, but by the time you get to the bottom, you can barely hear it...the speakers are positioned near the top of the ride.

No it is not synched to the ride....it is just essentially big speakers in the mountain playing a mixed track. It was mostly just heavy metal or hardcore techno playing.

Wasn't impressed, but hey, the kids probably were...

uhh... don't they have speakers in the cars? at least at DLR they do so your "speakers are positioned only at the top" theory doesn't really hold up at least at disneyland, i know that wdw's SM does not so you are half correct i guess

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
Also, you have to admit, it has only been since the upgrade that DL would be able to even attempt to claim their SM is better.

ok so are you saying before you could say your SM was better because it was a bigger concrete box? come on they were pretty much on par before the recent DLR update.

disneylandkid

Account Suspended
Good for you! Space Mountain at Disneyland is wonderful. Please hold judgement for it until you get to actually experience it in person.

Life should not be experienced via YouTube. Life should be experienced for real.

When they first put the audio on Space Mountain at Disneyland in 1996, I remember riding the WDW Space Mountain a year or two later and thinking "Oh, no, this is a really cheesy 1970's ride in comparison". And now with the newly updated audio and effects on Disneyland's Space Mountain, that assesment is even more valid.

This reminds me exactly of the whole Haunted Mansion Holiday and Small World Holiday arguments. A bunch of people 3,000 miles from Disneyland who have never experienced either attraction making all sorts of judgements and declaring that the addition of Haunted Mansion Holiday to WDW would be disastrous and unnecessary. But every time an East Coaster visits Disneyland during Christmastime and rides both of those attractions the tune changes to "WOW! How come they don't do this in Florida?!?" :hammer:

Amen, very well said

brertigger

uhh... don't they have speakers in the cars? at least at DLR they do so your "speakers are positioned only at the top" theory doesn't really hold up at least at disneyland, i know that wdw's SM does not so you are half correct i guess

Nope, we don't have any speakers in the cars. :(
The speakers he was referring to are not on the trains, but sitting/mounted in the building.

Epcot82Guy

ok so are you saying before you could say your SM was better because it was a bigger concrete box? come on they were pretty much on par before the recent DLR update.

Sorry. I can't agree with that. WDW's (not "ours") SM building is much better which is a large part, but I also think the single row seating is better. The layouts of the two sides are both better than DL's (again, mostly because there was more space to rope it around). They were similar, but WDW's simply had/could do more. DL's was a very good/fun ride, but it was one of the few rides where WDW's was larger and had more to it. I am not trying to attack or downplay DL's at all. I really want to see it after the rehab. I think both rides are great, but I don't see the need to make them identical, I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom