Space Mountain

NemoRocks78

Seized
Many CMs have already been on the ride....it officially opens to the public on 7/15 (I hear there is a chance of soft openings next week or the week after though).

Figment1986

CMs have more ride tests next week... soft opening possable throughout first part of july...

I have heard that the ride rocks.. and verry good...

Grumpy56

What are your thoughts about the 4th of July weekend? Is there a good chance of soft openings then? We'll be there June 27th until July 4th but will be in SoCal until the 5th so we could save a day on our hoppers and come back over the weekend. I had hoped to avoid it, thinking it would be way to crowded but we just might have to risk it to ride SM.

ToTBellHop

Grumpy56 said:
What are your thoughts about the 4th of July weekend? Is there a good chance of soft openings then? We'll be there June 27th until July 4th but will be in SoCal until the 5th so we could save a day on our hoppers and come back over the weekend. I had hoped to avoid it, thinking it would be way to crowded but we just might have to risk it to ride SM.
Very good chance...that weekend is actually reportedly the first scheduled soft opening.

DarkMeasures

marksniles said:
What makes it different from the one in FL?

I think that may be a bad question. There has never been similarities between the rides except for the fact that it is a rollercoaster in space.

But everything is different. The Line, the ride, the music, the trains, the theming. Everything.

TP2000

marksniles said:
What makes it different from the one in FL?

Different queue, very different loading area, very different track, different effects and decorations, onboard audio, etc. It's just a very different experience altogether.

The new Space Mountain is said to have kept the same bones, but received a very thorough update to the way the queue looks, the loading area looks, the way the special effects look, there are all new trains with a brand new onboard audio system, and a new soundtrack that is different from the one they first installed in '96.

It's been closed for two years and three months, and it's received an complete redo from top to bottom.

Grumpy56

Just got back from LA. Rode the new Space Mountain Friday morning around 9am. We had a 20 minute wait.. It was great! It is so much smoother, the sound system is excellent and it is a lot of fun. Waits got up to 80 minutes later in the day. It was our last day at DL and the highlight of our trip.

TheDisneyGirl02

Grumpy56 said:
Just got back from LA. Rode the new Space Mountain Friday morning around 9am. We had a 20 minute wait.. It was great! It is so much smoother, the sound system is excellent and it is a lot of fun. Waits got up to 80 minutes later in the day. It was our last day at DL and the highlight of our trip.

I second that! It was a great ride! My sister and I got a FP at 8am on July 16 but by the 8:40 when it was time for our FP, the line was like 85 minutes! I was really excited we got to ride it since I don't know when we'll get back to DL again!

TheDisneyGirl02

DarkMeasures

I also note that from the video I have seen, it seens that Disneyland's version has adopted the blue light tunnel that the Disneyworld version has had.

testtracker

I rode with a FP because there was a 110 minute wait :eek: It was great, it was SO much smoother, darker, and seemed much faster. Only dissapointment was that (SPOILER) the whole time I was waiting for a drop but it never came, just 1 little dip.

RCMAN2001

Yea if you were waiting for a drop because you are used to wdw's space mountain, thats because wdw's has the biggest drop, despite being the slowest and all.

1stStarIC2nite

DarkMeasures said:
I also note that from the video I have seen, it seens that Disneyland's version has adopted the blue light tunnel that the Disneyworld version has had.

Yep... I like DL's take on it a bit better. The main lift (Lift B) is pretty kewl.. especially with the *spolier* galaxy projected at the top. However.. the music made it so much fun. It sounds different from the CD track... it seems more "full" and the base line is more electric-guitarish. The re-entry tunnel is also very kewl, especially when they take your picture as you can't see anything for 5 minutes afterwards. :lol: I was also amazed at how smooth it was and how much faster it seemed than WDW's. I thought Disneyland's Space Mountain was terrific and put WDW's to absolute shame.

MayKingMajikHpn

I rode SM on the 20th of July the last day of my 17th-20th DL visit, and I just have to say that it was awesome. The ride is so different and so much better than I remember it being in 1999 (the music, the smoothness, the new tube spinning effects). I also think that it blows WDW's SM right out of the water.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom