Space Mountain

ASTERIX

How dangerous is Space MOuntain to a 7 year old. Is there any danger at all, seatbelts are safe?, can I let her ride felling good about it?. She is kind of a daredevil but it is her first big coaster.

GenerationX

My 7 year old, who is also a big daredevil, loves Space Mountain. He loved it last year, as well, when it was his first big coaster ride. As for the seatbelt (more of a t-bar if I recall correctly), it fit snugly enough that I didn't think he could wiggle out. He was about 45" tall last year. The primary things I warned him about were: 1. Fast, 2. Dark, and 3. Sitting Alone. He was okay with all three. I sat right behind him, of course, as the classic nervous parent. No problems, he loved every minute!

Upvote 0

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
As long as she is at least 44 inches tall to ride, she will be physically safe to ride - no chance of her falling out. Besides if she isnt tall enough, the CMs would not allow her to ride.

Upvote 0

DVCgirl49

I rode SM when I was 7 and it was perfectly fine. SM is mostly the illusion because it is in the dark, there are no upsidedown parts or sideways parts. Oh, BTW they changed the cars a few years ago from the two rider ones with the seatbelts, and all the cars now are single rider with lap bar seats.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by DVCgirl49
I rode SM when I was 7 and it was perfectly fine. SM is mostly the illusion because it is in the dark, there are no upsidedown parts or sideways parts. Oh, BTW they changed the cars a few years ago from the two rider ones with the seatbelts, and all the cars now are single rider with lap bar seats.

:confused: First time I rode was in 89 and the cars were single riders...

Upvote 0

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The seatbelts should be fine for a 7 year old, as long as they meet the minimum height requirement. The ride op's check the belts, also, so there shouldn't be any worries there. :)

If you still have concerns, you could ride the TTA before riding Space Mountain. You can get an idea of what's it's like before actually riding, in case they're scared of it or anything.

Upvote 0

jcraycraft

My 4 and 6 yr old rode SM 6 times back in June and loved it..... it was their best most favorite ride of the whole trip. Both are right at the 44" mark with shoes on. The lap bar works fine but Mom would have liked a seat belt :lookaroun

Upvote 0

Justin

The Safety Restraints, There fine, U wouldn't have to have any worrys, Especially when she reaches the height requirement. I saw alittle girl on there before and she looked like she was 4 or 5...

Upvote 0

tigger1968

A six or seven year old girl rode behind us with her mother on an E-ride night. She screamed the highest pitched scream I have ever heard. ALL THRU THE RIDE. We thought the kid would be traumatized. In fact, she pushed past us, dragging her mom by the hand, and headed straight back to the entrance. They rode two more times before mom gave out!:D

Upvote 0

janetinpa

On my last WDW trip my daughter who was almost 6 wanted to ride on Space Mountain. I have been on Space Mountain a few times in the past and LOVED it I thought she would be fine. She was tall enough but after they sat her in her seat (By herself!) At the time I didnt remember it was a one seater ride. I CHICKENED OUT!!:eek: SHE LOOKED SO SMALL
I took her out of the seat with her crying because she wanted to ride. So this year she wants to go on Space Mountain first! LOL

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by janetinpa
On my last WDW trip my daughter who was almost 6 wanted to ride on Space Mountain. I have been on Space Mountain a few times in the past and LOVED it I thought she would be fine. She was tall enough but after they sat her in her seat (By herself!) At the time I didnt remember it was a one seater ride. I CHICKENED OUT!!:eek: SHE LOOKED SO SMALL
I took her out of the seat with her crying because she wanted to ride. So this year she wants to go on Space Mountain first! LOL

My mother took my little cousin (6) on it and she was sooo worried...she sat behind her because she thought (yes, she actually thought this)...If she flies out of the seat, she'd be able to catch her on the way by! :lol: my mother is a :hammer: sometimes :)

Upvote 0
I was sooooooo nervous the first time we took my 6-year-old nephew on two summers ago. I had my hands on his shoulders through most of the ride. But there was no way he could get out of that lap bar. And he giggled through the hold ride and kept yelling "I want a chocolate chip cookie!" It was too funny!

Our original plan for the trip was no SM, AE, RnRC or ToT, as he'd never been to an amusement park before. Then my nephew convinced us he'd really like to do ToT. It was all over from there! He had to do EVERYTHING and especially loved the RnRC -- 5 times and he'd have gone more if we'd had time!

Upvote 0

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Married@WDW
I was sooooooo nervous the first time we took my 6-year-old nephew on two summers ago. I had my hands on his shoulders through most of the ride. But there was no way he could get out of that lap bar. And he giggled through the hold ride and kept yelling "I want a chocolate chip cookie!" It was too funny!

Our original plan for the trip was no SM, AE, RnRC or ToT, as he'd never been to an amusement park before. Then my nephew convinced us he'd really like to do ToT. It was all over from there! He had to do EVERYTHING and especially loved the RnRC -- 5 times and he'd have gone more if we'd had time!

He's my kind of 6 year old!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom