Space Mountain wait times with Tron Lightcycle

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
I'm predicting it will shutdown for a lengthy refurb. Or rather, I'm hoping it does.
It needs some TLC, and a re-track would be ideal. Problem is that it's still (and probably always will be) a popular ride. On a busy day when wait times are 75+, there are a lot of guests in the SB queue. MK desparately needs attractions that are people eaters, this queue is one of them.

WEDway Inc & Company LLC

Everything reduces a little in the park- Space Mountain, 7DMT, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Peter Pan's Flight. However, I do feel like these waits will still be of a decent wait (maybe 60 minutes when they are in the 80s today.) Tron on the other hand, let's just say, will pull a Hagrid's, assuming it doesn't have a boarding group system. A boarding group system changes everything I say here.

nickys

Premium Member
Everything reduces a little in the park- Space Mountain, 7DMT, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and Peter Pan's Flight. However, I do feel like these waits will still be of a decent wait (maybe 60 minutes when they are in the 80s today.) Tron on the other hand, let's just say, will pull a Hagrid's, assuming it doesn't have a boarding group system. A boarding group system changes everything I say here.

I predict the boarding group system (virtual queue) will be used for this. It’s even more certain than it is for MMRR and Rat.

erasure fan1

I can see a situation where it increases some. If Tron pulls a huge crowd, and I don't see why it wouldn't. The overflow in the area could definitely impact the wait time negatively. And I can also see Disney pulling help from space to Tron also impacting space negatively.

Club34

My prediction is SM will remain a top attraction and will see long waits going through the 50th birthday celebration. I mean we all are literally going, right? I think in a couple of years it will be closed for a lengthy rehab and it will receive its long overdue new coaster track.

ridetech939

All things being equal, adding a major new ride makes the lines at the other rides shorter.

Caveats: Attendance does not go up dramatically, Tron doesn't do boarding groups like Rise of the Resistance, there are no major changes to how Fastpass works

wdwfan22

Anyone else expect Tiers in the MK, with all the 'Mountains and Tron in Tier 1?
1 ride isn't going to make them require tiers. Magic Kingdom has enough attractions that it's not needed. I do see Space Mountain closing shortly after Tron's opening for refurbishment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom