Space Mountain vs Splash Mountain

Better ride?

• Total voters

PiratesMansion

Have you been on WDW's Space?
I have. Oddly that one has never given me issues (I was talking about WDW's Splash in the previous post).

But for whatever reason (body shape? long legs? height? all of the above?) I have a harder time with Splash, particularly the latter two built. Thankfully I discovered that if I'm sitting by myself the Florida version is fine. But Tokyo has, more recently, switched to tiny-looking individual lapbars that I imagine will be difficult to fit in comfortably at my size. It was already uncomfortable 10 years ago when I was smaller and Tokyo's boats had the WDW configuration when I was sharing with someone else; I can't imagine what the new configuration will be like, but I'm sure for me it won't be an improvement.

PiratesMansion

Disneyland - Splash Mountain
Disney World - Space Mountain

Disney World's Space Mountain track and design is much more varied and fun than Anaheim's which is "drop while turning left for 2 minutes".
Hot take: Florida's Space Mountain might be genuinely underrated and receives a hugely disproportionate amount of hate.

Quite a lot of which either boils down to a) it's not Disneyland's and so therefore it is automatically wrong/bad, b) unlike a lot of the other coasters Disney has built, this feels like an actual roller coaster and I don't like that, or c) all of the above.

I still like Disneyland's better, but it's not like Florida's is junk.

ParkPeeker

I don't like getting wet/soaked, last time I decided to ride splash, it was when the sun was already setting/already set, so it took longer for me to dry up :(. If it weren't for that I would've probably chosen splash, but no, even just thinking of being wet after splash gives me shiverss. Space for me :)

D.Silentu

This is actually why I prefer to ride Jurassic Park at USH. It doesn’t leave you soaked and they have different water levels and only use the highest amount for extremely hot days.

Got completely drenched in that new aquarium scene that's basically the first thing you encounter on the new version

Now with Jurassic World the final drop is still not that bad, and the old gags are still avoidable, but that aquarium. They literally just turn a water cannon onto the boat, shamu style. It's practically unavoidable. I've tried from multiple seats
The best luck I've had regarding the new aquarium effect is sitting in the third row, or further back. I've always appreciated that the part that will truly drench you is the water cannons on the drop. As it's clearly visible whether they have been turned on from the front of the ride, you can see what you're getting yourself into. On the other hand, Splash Mountain really is a roll of the dice concerning how wet you will get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom