Space Mountain to once again become Hyperspace Mountain

Emmanuel

Original Poster
Space Mountain will transform into Hyperspace Mountain for a limited time once again as revealed on the Disneyland app

IMG_6331.jpg

PiratesMansion

this was fun when it was one of the only star wars offerings at the park, but... it's 2022, there's an entire billion dollar land for star wars, isn't that enough?

i love star wars and even i'm thinking this is too much
Imagine being at best apathetic to the franchise as I am.

The more insistently they shove it at me, the less interested and more disgusted I become. Vanilla Space Mountain or bust, please and thank you!!!

TP2000

this was fun when it was one of the only star wars offerings at the park, but... it's 2022, there's an entire billion dollar land for star wars, isn't that enough?

i love star wars and even i'm thinking this is too much

You forgot to mention Star Tours. ;)

At least... um... Star Wars Launch Bay is still "temporarily closed".

Bringing back Hyperspace Mountain two years after Star Wars Land opens is creative failure.

D.Silentu

I really thought that this overlay had seen its day. At one point I hoped that the additions made for Hyperspace Mountain might be folded into the normal version. To my taste, the short hill that you travel up following the safety check looks much better with the blue lighting scheme used in the Hyperspace version, rather than the standard. The projection screens had the potential to provide images of asteroids or planets zooming by. My favorite part of Hyperspace Mountain, the lasers, could be repurposed as comets with a simple color change. Adding such highlights to the original version of the ride would be a far better use of the tech they had installed than this redundancy.

CaptinEO

It's coming up on Star Wars week (May the 4th Be With You and Revenge of the Fifth) with accompanying Disneyland After Dark Star Wars Nites and then Star Wars Celebration. Not surprised they're switching it over while those are happening.
Hopefully short lived. Last time it was supposed to be there for "seasons of the force" but was up for almost 2 years.

It's an impressive overlay but man did it overstay it's welcome.

Also why are the voices of the pilots so sped up? Sounds like mice screaming orders at you.

It's like the recording engineer didn't realize the clips needed to be a few seconds long at most since it was a ride and not a film.

DavidDL

One less ride to bother with when I go in May! 🙌

I share the sentiment. I don't care for the Hyperspace overlay at all but on the bright side, it better focuses my day elsewhere in the park because now I don't have a reason to visit Tomorrowland. Well, maybe aside from a quick stop into Astro Blasters (but that can be done at any point during the day or on the way out).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I like Hyperspace Mountain. It overstayed its welcome last time but it’s a Welcome change every once in a while. For whatever reason It always felt a bit faster to me than regular Space Mountain.
Probably feels faster because we have X-Wings and Tie Fighters zooming around our heads :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom