Space Mountain Tip for Tall People

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
I surprised no one has mentioned this:

To fit onto Space Mountain, have your legs, somewhere below the knees, amputated. Problem solved!

So good, you can call it a “hack”. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I am 6'7" tall. When I first rode SM, I did the usual thing I do on roller coasters and sat in the front seat expecting better leg room. Bad idea. I could barely get the lap bar down, and had to extend my knees sideways. This meant that during every turn on the ride, I felt like I was going to pop out of the seat. Made for a very unpleasant experience. When I went back a year later, I spoke to a CM who said I made the classic mistake. I needed to sit in the back seat. While there is a seat in front of you, you can actually extend your legs under and beneath the seat in front of you. Bottom line - tall people, sit in the back seat on SM. And, if you're over about 6'8" tall, don't even go on the ride...

I’m the same height and indeed - the back is the “best”

But the t-bars leave a mark no matter what

BigBlu2k7

I know that I am not tall as some of you taller folk. But, I am 6'2" and I always felt that some of the jolts sometimes hurts my lower back with seats. As anyone else had that problem?

Derekiswise

This is an old thread but I just felt like I had to pop in. It’s all about leg length. As someone who is only 5’11” I hardly thought I would have any issues on any rides, but on space mountain the restraint is 100%ineffective. If my legs are together, the restraint won’t get past my knees, and even when I spread my legs it just presses against the sides of my legs. Even so my legs fit out between the restraint and the side of the car even when it’s full tightened. The casts member loading us asked if I could lower my restraint but it was already as tight as it could possibly get. Definitely not the safest ride when you have long legs...

bjlc57

yeah well if you have ever followed my posts.. this applies to the mine ride as well.. I have a permenent knee problem since the time that I rode that and got the bar to go down..

NelleBelle

Totally agree on the leg-length being an issue! At 5'10, I have the same inseam as my 6'3 dad--34". SM is the absolute worst (for many reasons)--will have to give the backseat a go!

Big Ben

yeah well if you have ever followed my posts.. this applies to the mine ride as well.. I have a permenent knee problem since the time that I rode that and got the bar to go down..
That one was tight for me as well. Got in, sat down, got right back out! Seat too narrow, and legs contorted.

GrumpyDude

6' 5" here. I always get my feet placed in the car before I sit. I always dread getting into doom buggies at HM. The curve of the the car is hits my head unless I lean over or slouch forward. The bar on RR isn't very friendly either. I learned the lesson SM also. BTMR cars are very hard on the knees also. The only time that I wish I were "short" is getting on rides at WDW and flying.
I'm 6'6" and doom buggies are the worst. If I am wearing a hat, the button presses down in my head. You learn how to twist and contort your body to fit in ride vehicles meant for "average" people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom