• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Space Mountain Tip for Tall People

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Advertisement
I surprised no one has mentioned this:

To fit onto Space Mountain, have your legs, somewhere below the knees, amputated. Problem solved!

So good, you can call it a “hack”. ;)

Sirwalterraleigh

I am 6'7" tall. When I first rode SM, I did the usual thing I do on roller coasters and sat in the front seat expecting better leg room. Bad idea. I could barely get the lap bar down, and had to extend my knees sideways. This meant that during every turn on the ride, I felt like I was going to pop out of the seat. Made for a very unpleasant experience. When I went back a year later, I spoke to a CM who said I made the classic mistake. I needed to sit in the back seat. While there is a seat in front of you, you can actually extend your legs under and beneath the seat in front of you. Bottom line - tall people, sit in the back seat on SM. And, if you're over about 6'8" tall, don't even go on the ride...
I’m the same height and indeed - the back is the “best”

But the t-bars leave a mark no matter what

BigBlu2k7

I know that I am not tall as some of you taller folk. But, I am 6'2" and I always felt that some of the jolts sometimes hurts my lower back with seats. As anyone else had that problem?

Top Bottom