Space Mountain RUMOR on WDWMAGIC main page.....

NowInc

If the plans are already in place to do something with SM..its as good as changed...I dont care either way...but from what I hear, Im not getting too attached to the current version we have ;)

cymbaldiva

K - so while new rides are always enjoyable, I pay the big $$ to visit Disney to see my old favs, not to see other parks that are just throwing up one new thrill ride after another to draw a short term crowd - I go to see the classics. If I just wanted to fool around with newbie rides, I could stick with 6 Flags!

ToTBellHop

I'd personally like to see on ride audio. As for our Space Mountain having a track similar to Matterhorn...I don't *think* that's the case...anywho, change is good, and I don't think disney would be going for short-term crowds with something of this magnitude. Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror certainly still draw crowds. It was only a matter of time before Space Mountain changed anyway. It's still the white color of the old tomorrowland which is destined to change...Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon has a look much more like the rest of tomorrowland. I personally wouldn't mind another LIM or catapult launch...I think the things are a blast...LITERALLY!

Goofster

Well, I am sure they would not put Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon, in tomorrowland as it is now, maybe in Disneyland's tomorrowland, but not Magic Kingdom's. Our TL does not have that real Jules Vernish type look that Discoveryland and DL Tomorrowland have. If they did change our Space Mountain, the main idea would definately not be that you are being shot out of a cannon, it would actually be a blastoff.

At least that is what I think

ToTBellHop

Well, the cannon blast would be like a blast-off. Think of the beginning of the movie GATTACA...or many other sci-fi movies, where you are launched out of a tube which shoots you into space. The outside look of From the Earth to the Moon looks a lot like the rest of our Tomorrowland...colorful lights all around and very abstract-looking.

DisneyKrazed

Just a few things they could inprove on. New larger cars with audio and more legroom (still one person in front of the other). The other is add a elevator cable like on Millenium Force at Cedar Point. It would reduse noise dramaticly and add to the affect because you would be going much faster uphill.

Rotel1026

Is the current SM a maintence problem? Otherwise, I couldn't see WDW removing such a popular attraction. Putting new track into an already built structure isn't all that easy, is it? Yes, it might fit just fine but you'd have to pour all new footers for the track to bolt to the floor of the building (no?) and you'd also have to figure out how to get the track inside. Tearing down part of the wall to do that wouldn't be all that inexpensive. Plus, you're also forgetting about the current mindset of Disney management. I'd sooner see them building a whole new rollercoaster elsehwhere (maybe even next door?) than to see them replace all of SM. With this many younger and non-thrillseeking customers, you have to have some rides that appeal to a wider audience. Why would they alienate so many people and teardown a rollercoaster and put one in with loops? Also, aren't DLP's SM a little too similar to Rock'n Rollercoaster? Seems like it'd be a little too similar to build one here in WDW.

Just my thoughts,

Valentin

My only qualm is the mis-matched exterior because it looks so out of place with the "New" Tomorrowland. I mean I like the new science fictiony theme and the new attractions they put in during the redo, but the classic white with everything streamlined is somewhat nostalgic...I love both.

:sohappy:

raven

IF they were to do any re-working of the track, and that's IF, I would love to see some more surprise drops or tunnels!

But I do agree, I like SM as it is. Maybe add a similar ride somewhere else in Tommorowland. That would be cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom