Space Mountain RUMOR on WDWMAGIC main page.....

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
We actually played with satellite photos of that area...there is PLENTY of room for expansion of the mountain...they could even build another ride building to hold addtional coaster if they wanted....

Goofster

Originally posted by NowInc
hehe...This is something I have been hinting at for almost 6 months now....but now the rumors are getting stronger and stronger...Tommorowland has that "void" area on that end of the park..so they need something BIG to bring it back to life...

Wow, Now, you seem well informed. I'm surprised at your backing of this rumor. Can you tell us any more????

NowInc

Originally posted by Goofster

Wow, Now, you seem well informed. I'm surprised at your backing of this rumor. Can you tell us any more????

LoL..welll..if you do some snooping you can find some of my old posts on this topic...id re-type them but I was callled "foolish" when i first hinted towards these rumors MONTHS ago...

Goofster

Originally posted by NowInc

LoL..welll..if you do some snooping you can find some of my old posts on this topic...id re-type them but I was callled "foolish" when i first hinted towards these rumors MONTHS ago...

So have you been hinting through speculation, or fact (now i don't mean definate fact, but good evidence)?

What I mean to say is, what is it going to take to get you to spill all you know??

:D

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Originally posted by Goofster

So have you been hinting through speculation, or fact (now i don't mean definate fact, but good evidence)?

What I mean to say is, what is it going to take to get you to spill all you know??

For REAL! I would love to know! What would it take? Faith? I have that :king:
:rolleyes:
:king:

Pioneer Hall

For some reason I don't think we will see something like DLP. I would not mind a track and queue change. Give the ride more of a story...maybe with a preshow of some sort. They can get rid of SMTV.

bearboysnc

I thought I read somewhere that Disney would never again retro fit a building after the structure fiasco with WOM/Test Track nightmare? It's ultimately cheaper to tear down an rebuild.

Al

oh poo!!

i was just gathering courage to ride it as it is, then they go and change it and add loops! nooooooooo! lol!

:D :D :D

i hope that they build something new instead :D

Dan, please share the info with us - whoever called you foolish, im sure they didnt mean it :)

um.......it wasnt me was it? :lookaroun lol ;)

WDW Imagineer

Its only one picture that I have seen and it is at mouseplanet.com.

Anyway if you have ever seen Space Mountain with the lights on, it is like a huge dome so adding a new track inside the existing building might be easier then many think.

But how they would get the pieces in there is another miricle that only disney would be able to figure out:confused: :lol:

Main Street USA

In all seriousness, I'll say this...........

If they can leave The Matterhorn in Disneyland the way it is, then they can leave Space Mountain the way it is. Anyone who has recently riden the Matterhorn knows what I'm talking about. OLD, OLD track, SLOW, SLOW trains.......BAD, BAD shape! That coaster looks like a carnival ride compared to Space Mountain in WDW! But it's still the same. WHY? Because it's a favorite and a classic. Way to go Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!

space42

If they can leave The Matterhorn in Disneyland the way it is, then they can leave Space Mountain the way it is. Anyone who has recently riden the Matterhorn knows what I'm talking about. OLD, OLD track, SLOW, SLOW trains.......BAD, BAD shape! That coaster looks like a carnival ride compared to Space Mountain in WDW! But it's still the same. WHY? Because it's a favorite and a classic. Way to go Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree. One thing to think about.. The Matterhorn was the first steel coaster ever built. So it has some historical significance. Also from what I understand, our Space Mountain shares a similar track layout as the Matterhorn (that is why Space Mountain #2 in Disneyland had to have a different track layout)

There is enough extra room in Tomorrowland for another coaster I dont see why we would have to replace Space Mountain. Why not build a new one next to the old one? Hey, if we can dream it we can do it!

bearboysnc

In case everyone forgot, the Matterhorn was re-tracked in 1978 (79?) They enclosed portions, and actually lengthened the track. They also doubled occupany by connecting two cars together. Previously it was a single bobsled.

At that time they also added the Abominal Snowman.

agdbeanie

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I think if this ride is "refurbished" in a big change way it could turn out like the Tiki Room did---and we definitely don't want that!!! They should just put all the energy and $$$ into building a new ride. Anyways, if all the Disney parks' rides are the same, what's the incentive to go to other parks in other areas (not just Orlando). I'm dying to go to DL and DL Paris for that matter. I've only ever been to WDW and the fact that the other parks are so different make me want to go there even more. This ride is wonderful as is and still draws lines of the 2 hr or more proportion. Even during the non-peak times there's an extensive wait time.

mickeyman

I like the cars the way that they are. When you sit in the front its Like your by yourselk flying through space. You don't get that same feeling with a person sitting next to you.

wyattkelly

I agree on keeping Space Mountain the way it is. It's a classic! I live near Cedar Point, America's Roller Coast (TM), and a couple of years ago, there were noises about taking out the Blue Streak and replacing it with something 'faster.' The protests were deafening! You can't always have the huge and fast coasters. You gotta have something that people can start off with. Space Mountain was my first, was my nephew's first, and was the ride that made my mom's life flash before her eyes. Now *that* is a ride!

woofboy111

Originally posted by mickeyman
I like the cars the way that they are. When you sit in the front its Like your by yourselk flying through space. You don't get that same feeling with a person sitting next to you.

Although the front seat of the second car has no leg room at all. I always ask if I could wait till the next trin if I get that seat so I don't bump my legs during the ride (it's happened), and I'm not that tall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom