Space mountain rehab...?

tirian

Whoops, one other thing!

Regarding the comparisons between our SM and DL's, don't forget that we still have a vastly superior track and the largest building of all the Magic Kingdom parks worldwide. If Disney wanted to put one huge launch-based coaster into the SM shell at WDW, they could easily do it without shortening the attraction to 45 seconds.

I agree with other statements. Disney should refurbish the effects and the shake-rattle-n-roll cars in SM, but as far as rebuilding is concerned...well, I'd rather see the money poured into a new E-ticket for the old 20K site.

On a tangent, I think that WDW's Tomorrowland, as beat up as it is, still has the potential to be the best-looking Tomorrowland of all. The land's design is extremely futuristic, and it retains some of the clean white lines used in the classic Tomorrowland. The biggest thing the entire area needs is new pavement (and COLOR it, for pete's sake) and a paint job... and replace the Indy cars with hydrogen fuel cells that explode in the Florida heat.

:D

wdwishes2005

tirian said:
Regarding the comparisons between our SM and DL's, don't forget that we still have a vastly superior track and the largest building of all the Magic Kingdom parks worldwide. If Disney wanted to put one huge launch-based coaster into the SM shell at WDW, they could easily do it without shortening the attraction to 45 seconds.

I agree with other statements. Disney should refurbish the effects and the shake-rattle-n-roll cars in SM, but as far as rebuilding is concerned...well, I'd rather see the money poured into a new E-ticket for the old 20K site.

On a tangent, I think that WDW's Tomorrowland, as beat up as it is, still has the potential to be the best-looking Tomorrowland of all. The land's design is extremely futuristic, and it retains some of the clean white lines used in the classic Tomorrowland. The biggest thing the entire area needs is new pavement (and COLOR it, for pete's sake) and a paint job... and replace the Indy cars with hydrogen fuel cells that explode in the Florida heat.

:D

if you look in another thread thats what i hope happens, a complete gutting of the track and replace with something more RnRCish, with rockets instead of limos, and you ' blast off ' into space by LIMs.

Huge Dreamer

tirian said:
...and it retains some of the clean white lines used in the classic Tomorrowland.

Clean white lines it can't be WDW. Last time I saw tomorrowland it was not clean and not white it was more a rust. But I agree Tomorrowland could be awsome with I little bit of love.

yensidtlaw1969

tirian said:
I'd rather see the money poured into a new E-ticket for the old 20K site.
Do you know how big that ride was? You can't fit an E-Ticket in there.

You can EXPAND. TRIPLE the size of Fantasyland if you go into the woods between the back of the 20k Showbuilding (well, where it ended) and the railroad tracks.

You could brige Fantasyland to by Big Thunder Mountain (or the Haunted Mansion if you wanted to, but you'd probably want another entrance to that section and then you'd prbably have to go into the Rivers of America and thin it out to make a large enough Path, and then that would take the Haunted Mansion off the waterfront and make it look buisier and then ofcourse you'd have the annoying guest saying "I thought this takes me to the Haunted Mansion -- why am I at Winnie the Pooh!?!" or "I thought this takes me to Fantasyland, why am I in the Haunted Mansion!?!". So, that said, if you wanted to really do some extensive work to the back of the park and make a bridge from Fantasyland to Fronteirland, by BTM would be your best bet, although I'd reccomend moving or getting rid of (better to move) Splash Mountain's restrooms and Have the path start there and meet Fantasyland at the 20K site, but then Fronteirland would be huge and separated and utterly confiseing, and while Fantasyland would be huge, it would be less confusing as long as you ended it I'd say behing the HM showbuilding, and slowly trasitioning the theme to a Fronteirland-like theme, or adding in another land that would take up the space behind the Rivers of America, although that would require moving the Tracks out Considerably(Or putting it on the outside, but that seems like too many bridges to go under and that could obstuct your view of the Rivers of America from that new land (or extension of Fronteirland), ans who wants that, with SOO much to see, the one solitary Liberty Belle passing by every 20 minutes or so -- I might be impying something :D , but that would also make the Train ride longer, and while I love it, it's Kinda barren to be perfectly honest. I got on the train on my last trip at Main Street, ended up getting off at Fronteirland when I planned to go around the whole park. You could see some backstage stuff that looked kinda horrible and, while I enjoy that :D , it's bad show to the people who don't take interest in that kind of stuff. That can be fixed as well :D .

Oh, PLEASE, nobody mention using 20K to expand Toontown. That's what a berm is for. Somethings are to be kept inside. Other things, however, are not meant to be on the inside, but should be on the outside, as the thing that is on the inside is dead and slightly kinda uninteresting to most people due to the layouts, bottlenecks, and lack of a draw (no pun intended) into it. Guests who don't consult Maps don't Help either. Oh, and one entrance to the land, other than on the currently barren train ride. That should be changed.

Before you all start talking about just adding one E-Ticket and improving an E-Ticket that already has a major draw, lets talk about making the rides that are mainly composed of Trees for setting and rely on the vehicle for story conveyment (word? Oh well, it is now), that have very little setting. How do you do that? Scratch the one E-ticket you were taking about, add MUCH more, as there is potential for it, have that expasion require the rehab of the vehicle story conveyment attractions, during which those will be unintentionally but positively spruced up as a result of the expasion, which would also add quite a few new attractions, stores, restaurants, etc, which would create a draw for people and spread those people out over the new attractions, rehabbed ones, and THEN talk to me about closing Space Mountain, where there will be plenty of other things to fill your day with.

Yensid "Oops-,-am-I-foaming-at-the-mouth-?-Sorry-'bout-that" tlaw1969

AEfx

Huge Dreamer said:
Clean white lines it can't be WDW. Last time I saw tomorrowland it was not clean and not white it was more a rust. But I agree Tomorrowland could be awsome with I little bit of love.

I was shocked a week or two ago when I saw SM and how horrible the upkeep on the outside was. It just looks...nasty. Between that and the rough, unfun to ride way the track has aged, it would be a shame to keep beating the horse unnecessarily.

SM used to insprie awe, now the best it does is draw nostalgia of that awe. I hope the time comes soon when something is done about it.

AEfx

wdwishes2005

AEfx said:
I was shocked a week or two ago when I saw SM and how horrible the upkeep on the outside was. It just looks...nasty. Between that and the rough, unfun to ride way the track has aged, it would be a shame to keep beating the horse unnecessarily.

SM used to insprie awe, now the best it does is draw nostalgia of that awe. I hope the time comes soon when something is done about it.

AEfx

i agree, and personally, i want SM to look like the concept art, awe inspiring, and no, the tracks dont have to go outside, alothough at night it would be cool. maybe you launch out of SM up out of the building then curve back in like you blasted off?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom