space mountain rehab

riess424

Original Poster
For anybody going to WDW in February I thought I would let you know that Space Mt will be undergoing rehab from Feb 10-Feb14.

jheltz27

GREAT!!!

That's the exact week I was going. What's going to happen if the Splash rehab is delayed a week, Space is down during that week and Thunder Mountain breaks down???? What a week to enjoy the World....

I'd rather Space go down instead of Thunder Mountain though... until my last visit I hadn't been on Space Mountain since I was 5 yrs. old (I'm 26 now) and it scared the ---- out of me....

NowInc

Space mountain rehabs are also very nice photo ops....Ride the TTA and start snapping pics...I am sure you will enjoy it ;)

jheltz27

Has anyone confirmed this with Disney? I'll be there from the 10th to the 15th/16th?, so if these dates are correct we should be able to ride it on the 15th. Maybe not me, but my brother and dad love it. I'm 6'4" and those ships are a bit to small and unsafe looking to me...

Ehult57

I just called WDW and they say Splash Mountain will open on the 9th and they have no knowledge of Space Mountain closing at all in February (10-14).

???????????

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Ehult57
I just called WDW and they say Splash Mountain will open on the 9th and they have no knowledge of Space Mountain closing at all in February (10-14).

???????????

It might not be posted yet, so they might not know. But odds are it will be closed. Good photo oppurtunity.

Bdis86

Account Suspended
Originally posted by jheltz27
Has anyone confirmed this with Disney? I'll be there from the 10th to the 15th/16th?, so if these dates are correct we should be able to ride it on the 15th. Maybe not me, but my brother and dad love it. I'm 6'4" and those ships are a bit to small and unsafe looking to me...

You don't need to worry about being "safe" on a ride at Disney. Maybe at Busch Gardens or Six Flags, but not Disney. One of the neatest things I've read about Space Mt. is that they can stop you at any point within 10 ft. on the track if needed.

TURKEY

I think he's talking about his height and body size.

I am 6'3" and 250 lbs and it's very difficult to get down inside those cars. I never raise my hands on any coasters any more. I think I am going to hit my arms on something. I am very conscious of this on Space Mountain especially if I am in the front seat and because it is almost pitch black.

TURKEY

I really don't care how tall a dummy they use. IT STILL SCARES ME. Using a dummy can't tell you how it feels to squeeze into one of those cars.

jheltz27

I rode in the back of the car my first time back riding Space Mt. and I was pretty worried about falling out the back. It just seems unstable and too small for someone as tall as I am. I was also constantly worried about how close my head was coming to any of the track. I'm sure there is plenty of clearance but it just worried me for some reason.

I also have to be very careful on Thunder Mt. not to put my hands up under some of the rocks. I don't want to test it out, but I swear I could touch some of the close ones when the train passes underneath...

Bdis86

Account Suspended
On Space Mt. , you can put your hands up and not touch anything, except the tube at the end. But it is so smooth, it can't hurt you.

Main Street USA

Yeah, it sure seems like you'd get your arms chopped right off on SM. I'm 6'3" though, and I've gone the whole ride with my arm up a not touched a thing either. Exepct of course for the tube which bdis referred to, that you certainly can touch. Just need to know when its coming!:D

burbur

i would recommend not putting up your hands on space. i've heard one too many horror stories about that ride. i, being like 6' 2 and all, have never raised my hands up on that ride except in the tubes, during which i can lay my hand flat against the roof.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom