Space Mountain rehab update

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The Columbiad canon has emerged from its rehab. Work is still continuing on the roof and other areas, but the major covered area is finished with.

DisneyFan 2000

Yay! Clean Space Mountain for me! :D

Second update: The ride is to close from January until April to fix the special effects and complete the rehab! :animwink:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
d_dreamer said:
...does this mean space mountain is going to be closed for april?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? THATS WHEN I'M GOING! I NEED TO KNOW ASAP!!!!
There are no confirmed dates yet, but rumors are hovering around a mid April 2005 reopening.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
Is the cannon working anymore? Does it recoil once again as it fires?
Not currently, but its expected to once it reopens in April after the major rehab.

DieHardDisney

I hope this is a decent quality rehab, in that I mean I hope in 2 years it doesn't need another complete overhaul! I'm not being picky, as I don't mind a normal yearly mini-rehab i.e lick of paint etc. but I hope they make a good job of it!

Kristofke

this is not just an ordinary rehab

Space Mountain: From The Earth to the Moon gets a totally new interior and theme.

It's gonna be something like Super Nova. A mission into space and something goes wrong.

I tell ya, Discoveryland in DLP lost its soul.

Closing Le Visionarium first, and dumping the great Jules Verne theme for Space Mountain.

grandmath

It is not just a "rehab". It is a totally re-invention of the attraction. Think Disneyland's Space Mountain redo, the only difference is that here the track will remain, while in DL it was demolished to be rebuilt exactly the same.

So, keep the track, and change EVERYTING else except the exterior.

MrPodar

grandmath said:
It is not just a "rehab". It is a totally re-invention of the attraction. Think Disneyland's Space Mountain redo, the only difference is that here the track will remain, while in DL it was demolished to be rebuilt exactly the same.

So, keep the track, and change EVERYTING else except the exterior.
There's a part of me that wishes that they would rehab our Space Mountain (WDW). Even on the outside it's starting to look a bit run down.

http://www.skippypodar.net/WebGallery/WDW-05092004-web/images/DSC02101.jpg - WDW Space Mountain

It'd be cool if the WDW Space Mountain (SM) was more like "Rock N' Roller Coaster", however I'm sure SM purists would scream "bloody murder" if the entire ride was transformed from the "mother of all erector sets" that we've all come to know and love. :)

If you've never seen our Space Mountain's interior all lit up, here's a movie of it:

http://www.skippypodar.net/Movies/WDW-Movies/SpaceMountainLightsOn.wmv (6.2 MB)

Beautiful, yet ugly... :)

Anywho, I hear DLP's Space Mountain is awesome. One day I'll get to ride it. :)

- Skip :)

ogryn

MrPodar said:
Anywho, I hear DLP's Space Mountain is awesome. One day I'll get to ride it. :)

Depends how tall you are. My Mum is about 5'6" and got battered and bruised something rotten. There are a few rough patches in the ride (the horseshoe element is the worst). Not had the chance to test it, since they re-did the trains though.... :)

msep003

Space Mountainat Disneyland Paris will be close from January 17th to beginning of April to open as Space Mountain : Mission 2 .

barnum42

MrPodar said:
It'd be cool if the WDW Space Mountain (SM) was more like "Rock N' Roller Coaster", however I'm sure SM purists would scream "bloody murder" if the entire ride was transformed from the "mother of all erector sets" that we've all come to know and love.
"BLOODY MURDER!"

:lol: ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom