Space mountain Queue

peterwendy

Original Poster
This is old news but I'm at Disney and went on Space Mountain yesterday and the games in the queue were off. Is this just and "off season" (not that any season is an off season anymore) thing or is it always off now? I haven't been to Disney in a few years so I'm not sure

Captain Barbossa

This is old news but I'm at Disney and went on Space Mountain yesterday and the games in the queue were off. Is this just and "off season" (not that any season is an off season anymore) thing or is it always off now? I haven't been to Disney in a few years so I'm not sure
There have been a few times that I was in the queue for Space Mountain and the games weren't working. And it was not the off season.

peterwendy

Original Poster
There have been a few times that I was in the queue for Space Mountain and the games weren't working. And it was not the off season.
Huh. I wonder if it's because people don't know how to move on when the line moves and it held lines up too much ? Waste of money and resources adding that if they don't use it when a million other things need to be added or fixed
Oh well such is Disney

Captain Barbossa

Huh. I wonder if it's because people don't know how to move on when the line moves and it held lines up too much ? Waste of money and resources adding that if they don't use it when a million other things need to be added or fixed
Oh well such is Disney
Yeah that's my main issue too. There have been several times that I have been waiting in the queue and the people in front of me were glued to the game and wouldn't move. I can say the same thing for Pooh and others. If there wasn't so many interactive things to distract guest, lines would move quicker. I get that it's something to do while waiting, but I do believe that it plays a factor in why lines are long for attractions that have the interactive queues.

peterwendy

Original Poster
Yeah that's my main issue too. There have been several times that I have been waiting in the queue and the people in front of me were glued to the game and wouldn't move. I can say the same thing for Pooh and others. If there wasn't so many interactive things to distract guest, lines would move quicker. I get that it's something to do while waiting, but I do believe that it plays a factor in why lines are long for attractions that have the interactive queues.
Exactly! It's a good idea in theory but it just doesn't play out well. Especially SDMT. The line for that is already long let alone everyone going single file to play with the games for way too long. At least three times a cast member had to go over the loud speaker to remind people to keep moving.

Captain Barbossa

Exactly! It's a good idea in theory but it just doesn't play out well. Especially SDMT. The line for that is already long let alone everyone going single file to play with the games for way too long. At least three times a cast member had to go over the loud speaker to remind people to keep moving.
I didn't know that SDMT had an interactive queue, I've only been in the FP line, but doesn't surprise me. Big Thunder can get bad with the dynamite blast.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The games are switched on from near the Tower when the queue is deemed heavy enough to warrant it. Maybe they forgot to turn them back on. Maybe they were broken.

Maybe they’re removing them (yeah. Right.)

Cmdr_Crimson

The games are switched on from near the Tower when the queue is deemed heavy enough to warrant it. Maybe they forgot to turn them back on. Maybe they were broken.

Maybe they’re removing them (yeah. Right.)

Most of the time I have walked through there even when the line is backed up to 40 mins it was usually like this..
1515603833490.png

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They do not make lines or waits longer. In the case of SM it would literally take someone standing at the game with no one passing them for a good 1/2 an hour before it would actually affect the wait time.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
If people are too enthralled with the diversions in the standby line to pay attention to the line moving, I just walk past them. If they realize they are getting passed, I'll stop and let them go ahead of me. Been behind too many teens on SM, who inspite of a gentle "the line is moving" prod, don't move.

Cmdr_Crimson

If people are too enthralled with the diversions in the standby line to pay attention to the line moving, I just walk past them. If they realize they are getting passed, I'll stop and let them go ahead of me. Been behind too many teens on SM, who inspite of a gentle "the line is moving" prod, don't move.

Because instead of looking at a big screen they are looking at a small screen in the palm of their hand watching who ate what and what celebrity does a duckface...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Because instead of looking at a big screen they are looking at a small screen in the palm of their hand watching who ate what and what celebrity does a duckface...

I've never understood the obsession with an entitled stranger you really don't know making an ugly face.....Or taking pictures of your dinner. My son-in-law did that during Xmas dinner. I was :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom