Space Mountain Queue under Railroad?

Pabgo

Original Poster
I was just looking around Magic Kingdom on Microsoft Live thing, and I saw that the railroad separates the little building where you enter the line, and the ride building. When I rode I remembered a veeeeeeery long tunnel in the queue that went downwards at one part. Did it only go downwards so it could go under the railroad?

SewIn2Disney

Is there anyway you could post a link to the area of MK your looking at? I can never figure out how to use that program. Thanks!

maelstrom

Yay drops and speedramps. And at Disneyland, the boats go up with you in them.

I love these aerial pictures of the MK. Very good stuff.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There`s actually 4 tunnels under the railroad for Space Mountain; the exit speedramp, entry queue (also originally planned to have a speedramp but traffic logistics scrapped the idea), and a small backstage service / access tunnel on either side. The `satellite` as the building inside the berm is called, also houses mechanical equipment rooms and the original RCA corporate lounge.

As for POTC, the splashdown area and treasure scene are directly under the railroad, along with another service access tunnel. The railroad tunnel up above is false; better a dark tunnel than just the rear of 2 showbuildings!

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
If you are waiting in line for Space Mountain and you are directly under the tracks, you can hear the train when it passes.

I was wondering if someone was going to mention that. It really does sound like there is a train going over your head. It's weird and a little bit scary at the same time. :)

Mr Bill

There`s actually 4 tunnels under the railroad for Space Mountain; the exit speedramp, entry queue (also originally planned to have a speedramp but traffic logistics scrapped the idea), and a small backstage service / access tunnel on either side. The `satellite` as the building inside the berm is called, also houses mechanical equipment rooms and the original RCA corporate lounge.

As for POTC, the splashdown area and treasure scene are directly under the railroad, along with another service access tunnel. The railroad tunnel up above is false; better a dark tunnel than just the rear of 2 showbuildings!
Interesting, I'm having a bit of trouble visualizing the POTC layout though. Do you know of any maps that could help?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom