Space Mountain - Left or Right?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
Original Poster
I just rode Space Mountain last night and I rode track A and B back to back. Let me just say that I love the ride even though it only goes 28 miles an hour (I still think someone is pulling our leg with that stat). It got me thinking though. I think that I like the track on the right of the queue better. Maybe there's no difference. Does anyone know?

So which do you prefer? How do you decide if given the choice? Sometimes I just pick the shorter line. But given the choice now, I'm going right.

And why is the FastPass line sometimes as long as the standby line? :brick:

Chux

When given the choice I usually go left, really only because Raye (Keys to the Kingdom guide) told us that most people when given an option will go right.

Strange little bit of information.

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
I just rode Space Mountain last night and I rode track A and B back to back. Let me just say that I love the ride even though it only goes 28 miles an hour (I still think someone is pulling our leg with that stat). It got me thinking though. I think that I like the track on the right of the queue better. Maybe there's no difference. Does anyone know?

So which do you prefer? How do you decide if given the choice? Sometimes I just pick the shorter line. But given the choice now, I'm going right.

And why is the FastPass line sometimes as long as the standby line? :brick:

The right track is superior. The left track is extremly rough and rickety and
seems to move slower. Last time I went it was worse then the matterhorn.

I've also noticed that the left track's lift hill breaks down alot.

Alztybrn

I always go Left. It goes back to the original E-Ride nights. After riding the left side, we would get off and immediately ride the right side. After about 8 trips on each side, my wife and I felt that the Left has always been better.

SewIn2Disney

Normally I'm a go to the left kind of person (being as I'm left handed and all), but for Space Mtn, I'd have to say I like the right better. I feel like it's a smoother ride over there. But, it's probably all in our heads.

Lee

Adventurer
It's miserable either way.

Maybe there's no difference. Does anyone know?
No difference, really. They are mirror images of each other, except for about 10 extra feet where one has to go around the other.

DiPSU224

I always preferred the left side but my husband swears he thinks the right side is better. I learned the "always go left" trick on the Keys to the Kingdom tour too!

metscool

I always go to the left for some reason. Every time that I have a choice I go to the left then when the CMs tell you where to go they send me to the left. Whats up with that.

Chape19714

Well the left features a high-speed loop, while the right has a cobra roll.

:lookaroun

I go either way....it doesn't matter to me.

From now on, I always go left, b/c I've ridden both sides numerous times and think the right side is a lot rougher.

I'm surprised to read that everyone else thinks opposite! Oh well! :p

VT GAL

I thought that the left was a little better, because my neck didn't hurt as much as it did after I got off the ride on the right side!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom